Marmalade Muffins

TryAgainer

I've just made the Marmalade Muffins for lunch and they are delicious.

I got the recipe from the WW Your Week a few weeks back.

The muffins are made without fat and taste surprisingly good. I also made them as a taster for our group and there were some left over which hubby ate through the week. I told him to eat them up quickly because they won't stay fresh because there is no fat in them ... but it was a few days later that he ate the last one and it still tasted good. I was amazed.

Anyhow ... if anyone is thinking of trying them, they are well worth trying. I don't have muffin tins - so used muffin cases in bun tins and they turned out fine. I made more than the recipe recommended because the muffin cases seemed too full.

Can we have the recipe?

I post ww recipes, i just dont say what book they are from

Marmalade Breakfast Muffins

125g Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
1/2 tspn Baking Powder
10g Sweetener
30g Chocolate Drops
75ml Skimmed Milk
1 Egg
Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
100g Reduced Sugar Orange Marmalade.

Sift flour with baking powder.
Add sweetener and chocolate drops.
Beat together milk, egg, zest and juice of orange with the marmalade and stir into the flour.
Spoon into Muffin Cases (the recipe says 5 but I find it makes 6 or 7)
Bake in 180c oven for 20 minutes.
These muffins can be frozen but ours are eaten before there is any chance of that!!!!

I don't bother sifting the flour with the baking powder and don't add chocolate drops either.
My calculations without the chocolate drops are 10 points for the whole mix if you use milk from your allowance - and even if you don't its negligible.

Back