Mash Potato Pasties?

Penguin_Hell

I saw a recipe for mash potato pasties on here the other day.
Forgot to write it down, and now i can't find it :(

I've tried searching and looking on the recipe threads, but still nothing!

Was hoping someone has it somewhere?
It's the one where the pastry is made from mash, and i think there is vegemince inside?

Was hoping to have it for tea :D

Bump!!! Going to try these this evening, so will report back in the morning!

Here's mine.........

Pete’s Meat Pasties

Ingredients

Sainsbury Extra Lean Steak Mince
Per 100g

183Kcal
Fat=11.8g
Sat Fat=5.6g
Sugar= trace
Salt=trace
2 Small Onions
!/2 packet (125g) Instant Mash

Method

Place 150g of meat in a dry frying pan and cook out any remaining fat. Add one onion chopped fine, season with salt & pepper, When browned add ½ tsp of Bovril,1/2 cup water and a few splashes of Worcester sauce, reduce liquid then allow to cool.

Add 125g of Instant Mash to a bowl and add one chopped onion, mixed herbs and hot water and mix to a bread doe.
Lay out a sheet of cling film and place ½ the mixture to it and cover over with a top layer of Clingfilm, using a rolling pin, rollout until about 6mm thick. Cut to make two pieces to size of pasties.
Grease a flat tray with Fry light and hand wipe across the complete surface.
Peel back the top layer of Clingfilm and using the bottom Clingfilm lift and turn over placing the mix on to the cooking tray, remove top layer of Clingfilm and you should have a layer of mix on the tray,
Add a layer of cool meat and cover with other ½ of the mix, crimp edges and egg wash.
Repeat with the remaining mix.

Place in a hot oven on 170/180 for about 15 mins or until browned.
Enjoy with a salad or baked beans and an egg!

Attachments

• IMG_0092 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0092 (Large).JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 397
I'll try this, thanks. X

Thank You,I may try making mini ones in my Yorkshire pus tray,with Morrisons stewed steak in a tin,with carrot and onion, for our tester day at class next Wed x

Just have to report... they are absolutely delicious and with the left over mince I made a cottage pie and that was equally as delicious with syn free veg and gravy.

I tried these for the first time on Saturday- and they were lovely!! Thank you for the idea!!! (I'm sooo glad I discovered this forum!!!)

I had a cheese, onion & bean filling in mine as I was on Green. :)
...And had SW chips with it and a few beans on the side.

No veg or SF food, but a lovely, filling, no syn comfort tea non the less!! :D

I use as little water as possible, make it like a cake mix then roll it out as per the recipe.

Could you make this with "proper" mash or does it have to be instant? Really don't like instant mash.

Denise

I think instant. I don't think proper mash is syn free.
I guess you could use proper mash and count the syns?

Or maybe make the mash with milk out of HE A. Instant mash is a lot nicer made with milk :)

Back