Massive Dilemma.

Afew of you may remember a post I made afew weeks ago regarding the fact my weight loss had remained the same despite strict dieting and exercise.

Pretty much all of the responses to my menus said I needed to eat more, so I did and have been eatin lots of fruit and veg and generally lots more per day.

That's been 2 weeks now(pretty much), and I purchased some new digital bathroom scales only to find that I am still exactly the same weight I was 6 weeks ago.

That's 6 weeks of no cheating, not going over my syn allowance, 6 weeks of dieting with NO weight loss whatsoever.

Now, I'm pretty depressed about this now if I'm honest, I'm just wondering now the 'eat more' hasn't worked for me or my weight loss, what could the problem be?

I lost a stone and a half in the first 4/5 weeks'ish so the diet worked, but then stopped and now it's been stopped for 6 weeks.

There's not much longer I can go on dieting without any results, does anyone have any reasons or thoughts other than 'eat more'?

Thanks in advance.

Have you got a link to your diary so we can see what you are eating more off.

I can't remember from your previous post if you said you are measuring yourself as well as weighing? If you're doing a lot of exercise you might be shrinking but staying roughly the same weight.

Regarding your new scales, I wouldn't compare your weight on them to your weight on a different scale. All weigh slightly differently and I think you can only really compare weights from the same scale on the same surface at the same time of day.

I'm sure others will reply on the food front so I'll finish with a 'hang in there'. :)

I don't actually keep a diary on here but I can write afew now in this post.

Twice last week I ate the following.

Breakfast

Banana, 3 egg omelette with my heA, tomato and onion in.

Lunch, x4 small hovis as my heB with a tin of beans and 4 sainsburys meat free sausages chopped up into it (6 syns for the sausages)

Dinner, green beans, broad beans, carrots and sweetcorn with mashed potatoe and gravy (3 syns at half a syn per teaspoon)

snacks, half a melon, another banana, half a pot of natural low fat cottage cheese and a satchet of orange jelly (2 and a half syns)

Another menu was

Breakfast, banana, 3 egg omelette with tomatoe, onion, ham and my heA (cheese)

lunch, x4 small hovis soaked in 2 raw eggs then fried in fry lite for eggy bread, with half a pot of low fat natural cottage cheese.

dinner, tin of plum tomatos, fried mushrooms in frylite, bacon (with the fat removed), sainsburys be good to yourself sausages (half a syn per) had all 8 of them on the meal.

snacks, melon, banana, more cottage cheese, soya crisps (5 syns)

I can't remember from your previous post if you said you are measuring yourself as well as weighing? If you're doing a lot of exercise you might be shrinking but staying roughly the same weight.

Regarding your new scales, I wouldn't compare your weight on them to your weight on a different scale. All weigh slightly differently and I think you can only really compare weights from the same scale on the same surface at the same time of day.

I'm sure others will reply on the food front so I'll finish with a 'hang in there'. :)

No i dont measure myself, I have however dropped the exercise for the last week (apart from 1 night where I did 5 miles)
thats the only exercise ive done.

Hi there was a lady in my group and she wasnt losing any weight on the original plan. It looks like you are doing the green plan so why dont you try and switch to extra easy plan for a week and see if that makes a difference. The lady lost 3 and half lbs by just changing. And also are you drinking enough water x

I can't see anything wrong with what you are eating, you're having your syns, eating lots of superfree & free food. And see to be eating enough.

On a positive note a least you're not putting on weight, but I would have thought by now you'd have seen a loss.

I'm sorry I can't be of any help. But there are a few threads like this, maybe you could search & see what people have to say.

Hi there was a lady in my group and she wasnt losing any weight on the original plan. It looks like you are doing the green plan so why dont you try and switch to extra easy plan for a week and see if that makes a difference. The lady lost 3 and half lbs by just changing. And also are you drinking enough water x

I guess I could try EE for a week, although ill have to read into it as I dont know anything about it.

I've alternated red and green days though, isnt that switching enough?

And yep, I drink sugar free juice alot =]

I can't see anything wrong with what you are eating, you're having your syns, eating lots of superfree & free food. And see to be eating enough.

On a positive note a least you're not putting on weight, but I would have thought by now you'd have seen a loss.

I'm sorry I can't be of any help. But there are a few threads like this, maybe you could search & see what people have to say.

That's Ok, yep I've searched into this non stop and basically the threads I've seen where people have asked about this don't really get a definitive answer as to what to do next or how to change it.

It is a plus that im not puttin on weight but it's also a shame im still overweight and unhappy with my current weight.

Thank you though.

If you get really stuck, it might be worth seeing your GP to check for any medical reasons, but these seem unlikely given your initial loss. Bear in mind if you have only been eating more for two weeks your body might still be adjusting to the fact that it doesn't (in its opinion) have to deal with a famine situation and cling onto everything. Best of luck.

If you get really stuck, it might be worth seeing your GP to check for any medical reasons, but these seem unlikely given your initial loss. Bear in mind if you have only been eating more for two weeks your body might still be adjusting to the fact that it doesn't (in its opinion) have to deal with a famine situation and cling onto everything. Best of luck.

Yes it's only been about 2 weeks of eating more, how long should I give it to realise that it's now eating alot?

Thank you for replying.

I know if you came to our group our C would say to try and eat speed fruits instead of bananas and speed veg rather than the starchy veg like broadbeans pots corn etc and like someone else suggested try e/e so your swapping all your foods around plus restricting your bread from 4 slices a day down to 2 it worked for me i loved bananas and was having sarnies rather than other meals, and maybe the 3 eggs omellete could be 2 eggs but with extra fillings mushrooms, onions, peppers so your having the speed foods there, also someone in group was not losing but was doing as you were eating a full pack of morrisons sausages 1/2 syn each so only 4 syns but not losing but when you look at calories of that meal its at least 400 for sausage plus bacon etc i know we dont count cals but they are relevant... sorry if im speaking out of term but it worked for me e/e after i cut the bread n starchy fruit n veg n upped speed foods good luck x

GonnaBeANewMan said:
Yes it's only been about 2 weeks of eating more, how long should I give it to realise that it's now eating alot?

Thank you for replying.

Good question, I'm not too sure as I guess everyone is different. Personally I'd wait until at least my second weekly weigh in on the new scales just to make sure of what my weight was really doing; that said I can sympathise with your frustration at being on plan and not seeing the results you're hoping for.

I'm confused :confused: Which plan are you following in your sample days? If it is EE, you are not including superfrees in your lunches. If they are green/red then there are not enough heathy extras.

Dont be disheartened, your diary looks great, but the difference with EE is you have a 3rd of your plate superfree foods.

My weight loss stopped for a couple of weeks around the 2 stone loss mark and i then started doing a week or red, week of EE and i was back to weight loss again, my body just doesnt like carbs so green days dont work for me.

I hope it re-starts for you soon hun ;)

I know if you came to our group our C would say to try and eat speed fruits instead of bananas and speed veg rather than the starchy veg like broadbeans pots corn etc and like someone else suggested try e/e so your swapping all your foods around plus restricting your bread from 4 slices a day down to 2 it worked for me i loved bananas and was having sarnies rather than other meals, and maybe the 3 eggs omellete could be 2 eggs but with extra fillings mushrooms, onions, peppers so your having the speed foods there, also someone in group was not losing but was doing as you were eating a full pack of morrisons sausages 1/2 syn each so only 4 syns but not losing but when you look at calories of that meal its at least 400 for sausage plus bacon etc i know we dont count cals but they are relevant... sorry if im speaking out of term but it worked for me e/e after i cut the bread n starchy fruit n veg n upped speed foods good luck x

No you're not speakin out of term, I appreciate any and all feedback.

I get what you're saying to, it's just when I posted here last time I was told to eat more and so that's what ive been trying to do, but I can try cutting down again on certain things.

Thanks for your reply.

Dont be disheartened, your diary looks great, but the difference with EE is you have a 3rd of your plate superfree foods.

My weight loss stopped for a couple of weeks around the 2 stone loss mark and i then started doing a week or red, week of EE and i was back to weight loss again, my body just doesnt like carbs so green days dont work for me.

I hope it re-starts for you soon hun ;)

I think my last option is to try EE, will have a read up on it and see what's what as regards to what I can and can't eat.

I hope so to, and thanks for your reply :)

Hi again i also remember my last consultant mentioning something about changing what you regularly eat if your losses have slowed down or stopped as sometimes your body gets used to it and maybe varying your diet from your usual might start your weightloss again x

Back