Massive Dilemma.

Hi again i also remember my last consultant mentioning something about changing what you regularly eat if your losses have slowed down or stopped as sometimes your body gets used to it and maybe varying your diet from your usual might start your weightloss again x

Hello, yep that was some advice given last time to, so have added alot of different stuff into my meals and had things ive not had before on the diet and cut back on the meat free burgers and spaghetti hoops, lol.

sorry if i am repeating what someone else has already said. but are you drinking enough???? someone once told me that 80% of our hunger is thirst? how true this is i dont know? but i also seem to have better weight loss when i remember to drink lots and lots of water - yes i just forget to drink sometimes - some days i will only really drink a couple of cups of tea which is not enough since you're supposed to have 8 glasses of water x

Are they drinks that will hydrate you (water, squash) or ones that wont (caffeinated)?

Do you measure yourself? Assuming you are a bloke and have been exercising, could you be maintaining as you are more toned and have lost bulk?

It's sugar free squash.

Dont measure myself, the last week and a half ive not exercised (apart from 1 really quick 5 miles) so as far as toning in the last week and a half, no.

Warburtons wholemeal 400g.

I know what u mean regarding working out what's wrong, maybe some people are meant to be fat and im one of them lol.

Hi there just want to say I really sympathise with you as I know how frustrating it is when you're following the plan and not losing. Are you stressed at the moment at all? I had a period recently over my exams / dissertation writing where I only lost 1lb over 7 weeks. I too was following the plan religiously and exercising. In the 3 weeks since i've finished uni i've lost 2lb, 3lb and 1.5lb respectively and i'm not doing a thing different to those weeks when I maintained.

I genuinely believe the stress was causing my metabolism to slow down (or something like that!) because there was just no explanation for it otherwise. If you're not stressed then this isn't really relevant, but I suppose it highlights the affect external pressures can have on our weight loss.

Like others have said, look at how far you've come already - you are doing great even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment. Keep going and I really hope the weight starts coming off again soon. X

Nooo don't think that OP!

Why not do as Safia suggests about shaking things up a bit? Vary your healthy extras, try some superspeed soup, fishy week.

Whatever you do, don't give up. You know it has worked in the past for you, so it can work again. Meantime, you are eating healthily which has to be a good thing. Let us know how you get on.

Hi there just want to say I really sympathise with you as I know how frustrating it is when you're following the plan and not losing. Are you stressed at the moment at all? I had a period recently over my exams / dissertation writing where I only lost 1lb over 7 weeks. I too was following the plan religiously and exercising. In the 3 weeks since i've finished uni i've lost 2lb, 3lb and 1.5lb respectively and i'm not doing a thing different to those weeks when I maintained.

I genuinely believe the stress was causing my metabolism to slow down (or something like that!) because there was just no explanation for it otherwise. If you're not stressed then this isn't really relevant, but I suppose it highlights the affect external pressures can have on our weight loss.

Like others have said, look at how far you've come already - you are doing great even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment. Keep going and I really hope the weight starts coming off again soon. X

Hey, nope not stressed, am quite a chilled out guy naturally, only thing stressing me out is this not losing thing but I didnt lose to start with to make me start stressing about it.

Glad yours is back on track and your stress has stopped for now =]

And, thank you.

Nooo don't think that OP!

Why not do as Safia suggests about shaking things up a bit? Vary your healthy extras, try some superspeed soup, fishy week.

Whatever you do, don't give up. You know it has worked in the past for you, so it can work again. Meantime, you are eating healthily which has to be a good thing. Let us know how you get on.

Yes i'll try and mix it up abit before giving up, atleast if I give that a try and it doesnt work I know ill of tried everything before giving up.

Thank you =]

Tried reading all the threads... might be repeating here! lol.

Try mixing your food up. I KNOW people are going to tell me off for this ... but it might help you so im prepared lol.

*whisper* in weight watchers they call it the "wendie plan" when they swap the points around, so for example on one day have no syns, and on the next have 20 or whatever. Also by eating LOADS of different foods, like no eating the same foods more than twice a week it spices up your body and keeps it on its toes burning really efficiently.
So for example, only have sandwiches once a week, have soup another time or jacket potato and beans for example.
For dinner - try and get in some fish .... EVERY diet I have when I plateau fish seems to get me out of it! Weird but its worth a try for you?!
Also - scales. this is completely true what people have said ... those scales may weigh slightly heavier than others.

Weigh on those scales, same time of day in same clothes every week. I weigh everyday (I know I shouldnt but it keeps me sane!) after my morning wee, completely naked. call me psychotic but it works for me. haha.

Annnd one more thing, eat salad. And lots of it. That has stuff in that ALWAYS makes my body burn fat... again something else to try. Cucumber, peppers, red onion, lettuce and tomatoes! yum yum!

Hope this helped u.

xx

How much weight do you have left to lose? Its always more difficult when you get nearer to target.

I would probably say you need to eat more superfree still - you are supposed to replace other stuff with superfree rather than add it as well. So maybe a 2 egg omlette, and less sausages.

I would also try Success Express - 2/3rds superfree with every meal, snack on superfree only, take the highest syn value for synned foods. and have 2 HEB & 2 HEA.

Maybe it is time to really do something different and try something else for a while.

Have you heard of 'body for life'? If not I would have a good look at it. I am half planning to swap to that once I get nearer to goal if things slow down a bit/ I want to start to seriously tone up.

Back