Massively dissapointed

Fifi 1984

Just been to WI and have lost 0.5 lbs, I'm generally in the 'it's all in the right direction' group but this week I really feel like I deserved a much bigger loss than that. I was feeling quite smug as I stepped on the scales and was hoping for a loss of 3 but had agreed with myself that I'd be happy with a 2...but 1/2???

I've been spot on this week, done it all by the book, even swapped my usual big pasta/potato based lunches for loads of salad and smaller amounts of pasta - and wholemeal at that! I've been down the gym 4 times this week, I just don't understand.

Just had to offload this, not feeling to positive about this at all, did manage to keep away from the chocolate in tesco and instead have come back to work to a salad, rice cakes and cottage cheese....feeling very dissapointed.:cry:

I know it can be very disheartening when you feel like you deserve a big loss ....... BUT ..... just imagine how big that loss will be next week if you keep on track. I think it can sometimes take your body a while to catch up, so if you carry on being good and on plan, you'll prob see a fab loss next week. x

I am sorry to hear that you are so disappointed, although I do believe it is always in the right direction. Although within my group there are some yoyo'ers and I do not see the point in that...taking 2 steps forward then 2 steps back..you get no where. But at least you are!..Is there any chance that you maybe coming up to your cycle? As it is felt that you tend to not lose in the week before?
I don't know, maybe it will show on the scale next week. Try not to be too disheartened..just keep up the good work!! xx

Is it star week (are you due on???) in other words! This can have a massive effect on weight loss - the week before, the week you're on, or even ther week after due to fluid retention etc. I'm sure if you followed the plan you'll see a good loss next week, and it was still a loss even if it wasn't as big as you wanted! xxx

Im just the same,stuck to plan all week,swam a mile been on my wii fit plus resisted my daughters party food and a take out this week,i only lost 0.5lb as well!
Im hoping that if i have another good week i will have a good loss next week

Try not to be disheartened by it. A loss is still a loss and it all adds up. I only lost half a pound this week too.

Maybe your trips to the gym have bulked up your muscle. Do you measure yourself? You may have lost inches rather than pounds this week, and the gym will be toning it all up and converting to muscle.

I agree that sometimes it takes a week for it all to catch up (which explains why a anughty week can still result in a loss but the good week that follows sees you stay the same or worse!).

You've been doing well, try to stick to plan and see what happens next week.

WELL DONE!!! 0.5lbs is still fabulous and you're really doing well! you should give yourself a BIG pat on the back xxx

((hug)) I do know how you feel. Last week was my 2nd week and I'd stuck with it totally and lost just 0.75lb I was utterly disappointed. But I am still doing my best to stick to it. One thing I am glad I did was measure myself the week before, because I had lost an inch from waist, and half inch from bust and bottom. Stick with it and lets hope for a bigger loss next week

I really think expecting losses like 3lb can only lead to dissapointment for someone with a normal BMI. You would have to have a deficit of nearly 10,000 calories in a week to get that loss and a normal woman is only allowed 1800 calories a day (I know SW is not about calories, but it just shows how massively unrealistic that would be unless you were a lot larger)

I really know what you mean about expecting more, and it is good to fight hard, but try not to set yourself unrealistic targets. I am sure that things will even out next week- until then, don't give up!

xxxx

Was hoping for better results

My first week and I lost 2lbs and was really good and followed the plan. I know I should be pleased but others around me were losing a lot more, tbh I was a bit gutted :break_diet:

My first week and I lost 2lbs and was really good and followed the plan. I know I should be pleased but others around me were losing a lot more, tbh I was a bit gutted :break_diet:

Hun ur body's way of releasing weight might not be the same as other peoples so dont be so hard on urself plus the less u need to lose the harder it is too half a pound off is better off than which is what i did last week!:break_diet: and i was by the book!:break_diet:

it will pay off dont worry chin up, smile, tommorrows another day:D

I am the WI lady for my class, so I know better than anyone how different people's first weeks can be.

What I will say is to average it out over the first month. You will probably find the people that have the really good first weeks tend to have the not so good 2nd week and vice versa.

Also, everyone has different amounts to loose, and everyone reacts different to SW. You could eat exactly the same thing as another person for an entire week, and both have different results.

I know I felt dissapointed when I only lost 1/2lb, but I now take my weightloss over a month to get a better idea of how I am getting on and it works better for me.

Have you a diary on here that we can check maybe there would be some suggestions for you that people could give you.

A lady at my group was so puzzled as to why she wasnt losing much weight, she was gaining and losing the same pound over and over.

Eventually she brought in her diary after weeks of our C asking and it turns out she was eating butter/marg as a hea and sausages as a free food among other things, not sure what made her think that marg was a heb, but she was convinced it was.

good luck for next week

Am feeling slimmer, so maybe I've lost 'inches' - really should start measuring myself!
Do take some measurements. The scales are not everything - I've stayed the same since last summer and have weeks where I KNOW I'm slimmer, but still nothing on the scales. But I've lost 5cm off my waist whilst staying the same.

Don't lose your motivation over a stupid electronic device :D

i only lost half last week and was very upset - but over the 3 weeks i had lost 6.5lbs, so on average over 2lbs per week! my next weigh in is tonight and im hoping to lose another half to get my 2 stone award :D

you sound like you have already cheered up - but as everyone says, just keep going and think of the bigger picture! aim for 1-2lb a week and keep your focus!! :D

Good luck xxx

Back