Max grams of carb a day?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bagpuss, 1 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Do I win a medal for dullest thread title of the day? :D

Wonder if anyone can enlighten me about the maximum amount of carbs allowed a day. I remember my CDC saying you shouldn't go above 70g, but was confused - is this carbs 'of which sugars' or total carbs? Is 70g about right?

Cheers!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. starlightz

starlightz Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Is that on 1000???
    As I know you cant have carbs on SS or 790??
    Sorry to ask.
    All the best xx

4. EllieG

EllieG Silver Member

Diet:
    Low Carb
    If you're following CD the stages are quite prescriptive in terms of how much veg you can have, which limits your carbs.

I've not seen anything saying a max amount, but I'm only on week 8 so nowhere near moving up the programmes !

However from previous low-carbing most people stay in ketosis in the 40-60g range, unless you're particularly sensitive to them. The shakes/soups have around 13g each I believe, so even on sole source we're on c. 40g a day.

I'm sure a CDC will give you the definitive answer soon, good luck :wavey:

5. natayou

natayou a bit different everyday

Diet:
    cambridge
    do you mean max carbs to stay in ketosis
    if so i believe anything up to 60 g will keep you in it
    maybe ive got the wrong end of the stick
    in fact probably
    nat xx

6. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Thanks everyone!

I'm on 790 and I get knocked out of Ket very easily, especially with bars, so was checking what the official maximum is - the carb max includes the carbs in our shakes and bars, of course.

7. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

You should not get kicked out, maybe the ketosis reduces making you feel hungry? I don't have anymore than a fist full of carbs a day - if I don't bake a cake! In my CDC training they recommended a fist full of carbs and a hand full of protein together. This is only when you reach 1000, 1200 and 1500 - this info may help when you get to these stages. Love bunny xxxxxx

8. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Thanks, Bunny! That'll be a useful rule of thumb. CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss, by the way - I've read your threads since I started the CD and you've been an inspiration. You look absolutely stunning!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.