• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Max grams of carb a day?

EllieG

Silver Member
If you're following CD the stages are quite prescriptive in terms of how much veg you can have, which limits your carbs.

I've not seen anything saying a max amount, but I'm only on week 8 so nowhere near moving up the programmes !

However from previous low-carbing most people stay in ketosis in the 40-60g range, unless you're particularly sensitive to them. The shakes/soups have around 13g each I believe, so even on sole source we're on c. 40g a day.

I'm sure a CDC will give you the definitive answer soon, good luck :wavey:

natayou

a bit different everyday
do you mean max carbs to stay in ketosis
if so i believe anything up to 60 g will keep you in it
maybe ive got the wrong end of the stick
in fact probably
nat xx

Thanks everyone!

I'm on 790 and I get knocked out of Ket very easily, especially with bars, so was checking what the official maximum is - the carb max includes the carbs in our shakes and bars, of course.

You should not get kicked out, maybe the ketosis reduces making you feel hungry? I don't have anymore than a fist full of carbs a day - if I don't bake a cake! In my CDC training they recommended a fist full of carbs and a hand full of protein together. This is only when you reach 1000, 1200 and 1500 - this info may help when you get to these stages. Love bunny xxxxxx

Thanks, Bunny! That'll be a useful rule of thumb. CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss, by the way - I've read your threads since I started the CD and you've been an inspiration. You look absolutely stunning!