Max grams of carb a day?

Bagpuss

Do I win a medal for dullest thread title of the day? :D

Wonder if anyone can enlighten me about the maximum amount of carbs allowed a day. I remember my CDC saying you shouldn't go above 70g, but was confused - is this carbs 'of which sugars' or total carbs? Is 70g about right?

Cheers!

Is that on 1000???
As I know you cant have carbs on SS or 790??
Sorry to ask.
All the best xx

If you're following CD the stages are quite prescriptive in terms of how much veg you can have, which limits your carbs.

I've not seen anything saying a max amount, but I'm only on week 8 so nowhere near moving up the programmes !

However from previous low-carbing most people stay in ketosis in the 40-60g range, unless you're particularly sensitive to them. The shakes/soups have around 13g each I believe, so even on sole source we're on c. 40g a day.

I'm sure a CDC will give you the definitive answer soon, good luck :wavey:

do you mean max carbs to stay in ketosis
if so i believe anything up to 60 g will keep you in it
maybe ive got the wrong end of the stick
in fact probably
nat xx

Thanks everyone!

I'm on 790 and I get knocked out of Ket very easily, especially with bars, so was checking what the official maximum is - the carb max includes the carbs in our shakes and bars, of course.

You should not get kicked out, maybe the ketosis reduces making you feel hungry? I don't have anymore than a fist full of carbs a day - if I don't bake a cake! In my CDC training they recommended a fist full of carbs and a hand full of protein together. This is only when you reach 1000, 1200 and 1500 - this info may help when you get to these stages. Love bunny xxxxxx

Thanks, Bunny! That'll be a useful rule of thumb. CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss, by the way - I've read your threads since I started the CD and you've been an inspiration. You look absolutely stunning!

Back