Maybe going to give it a go

cuddlymummy

Hi everyone

New to this site and very possibly going to give the Dukan diet a go.

I am concenred about the possibility of constipation and wonder if anyone has had this side effect. I have suffered from this on and off for many years anyway and have managed to control it with diet so although I want and need to lose the weight, really do not want to go backwards :( , so, will the oatmeal be enough ?

hey hun welcome ..... please make sure you read the book before you decide .....
constipation is a problem of this diet , some can control it with oat and wheatbran , rhubarb and lots of water ...others do struggle , i wont lie me being one of them if when your on cruise you do alternate pp/pv days that would probably help you more

I've actually had less constipation since I started - (or at least since the 3rd week of cruise) so it's not inevitable that you will suffer.

I think you might just have to try it and see what happens?

Have you been on the official dukan site and got your true weight and plan? I think it is www.dukan-diet.co.uk and you fill in the questions. You could give it a week and see what it is like?

I too have suffered from constipation for many many years, I'll honest with you..........after 3 or 4 days on attack, yes I did suffer, but just drunk lots of water & popped a few duculax. I was soon 'unbunged'!!!!!!!!LOL:D

I want and need to lose the weight, really do not want to go backwards :( , so, will the oatmeal be enough ?

and of course I'm sure you know it's oatBRAN and not meal.

As the others have said, some do suffer from constipation, but there are many remedies (within the diet, not pills etc.) and with alternating PP/PV days in Cruise, I find it far less of a problem than some of the other rhythms.

Back