Maybe slimming world next...

charlie-lauren

Hi

I have currently been doing the Cambrisge diet and have lost 33.5lbs, I have around 8lb to lose and am now moving up the steps. I have noticed that as I am eating relatively normal food I dont feel I need teh cambridge products. I am loosely following WW and step 3 of the CD diet. I am thinking that I would like to have a bit more structure and am thinking of slimming world. On average how easy is it to eat out and also what are the average losses you are experiencing when you opnly have 8 or so pounds to go?

Sorry for the questions I am tryiing to see whether to go back to WW or try slimming world!

Hi! Well done on your losses so far!!

I am following slimming world and it's fairly easy to eat out. There is a great page on this forum for syn values when eating out and you can eat things like jacket potatoes (using healthy extras and syns for toppings), pasta (synning sauce), grilled chicken, salads.

The great thing about slimming world is that you are not restricted from eating what you want, it's just about quantities. And you are allowed flexi-syns days. Normally it is recommended that you eat between 5-15 syns a day (syn values available in the book) but occasionally e.g. when you know you are going out to eat, you are allowed to set yourself a higher limit just for that day so for example 50 syns for the day. And then after that one flexi syn day you return to the plan for the next day.

Hope that helps but let me know if you have any more questions! :)

Just echoing what Aymz said really, before joining SW I stuck to healthy eating which I did enjoy but felt like there was a restriction on what foods I could eat but now I don't feel deprived at all :) Check out the sw section and you'll find tons and tons of recipes and the people on here are very supportive and helpful if you ever need to ask anything you're unsure of!
Go for it! xx

Thanks both just don't Get how u can eat so much an lose weight lol x

Lol I know what you mean. It's all about not restricting yourself and knowing when you're full. And the free foods are foods that are good for you and low in calorie and it actually prevents you from pigging out on junk. But it's also great that you are allowed treats and to eat out.

Do you have the food optimising book?

Well after Rome I might just sign up! 2lbs down this week so 3 to go to reach top end of my target weight hoping I can shift some more after that :)

Thanks girls x

Back