maybe starting......

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sarah30, 12 March 2008 Social URL.

1. sarah30

sarah30 Member

Hi i am thimking of starting CD but am not sure can someone please tell me what the shakes taste like :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I think they are very yummy! Especially the chocolate ones! They don't taste fake or processed or anything, just like a slightly watery shake. I'm not keen on the fruit one though as I hate strawberry milkshakes and it makes me gag lol!

I've just heard back from a CDC, so am hoping to get started soon :)

S xx
  4. I didn't like the shakes to start with....I don't like milk shake which doesn't help but It's odd but your tastes can change...I have mostly chocolate tetras now......made into ice cream,...Gorgeous!! Cambridge diet is the best thing I've ever done...Go for it!!! You've nothing to lose but weight! Good Luck x
  5. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    There are so many different flavours of shakes and soups you're sure to find at least some that you like! I personally don't have the soups but I know plenty of people love them. Go for it - it will be one of the best decisions you will ever make!:D

Corinne x
  6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

there is a great variety bound to be something you like. for me i dont really like the sweet shakes but some of the soups and the tetra's i love and 1/2 bars.
  7. HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket Full Member

I love the shakes. I hated the soups, and found the Banana Tetra utterly repulsive, but I'm really enjoying my Toffee & Walnut, Vanilla, Fruits of the Forest, Chocolate, Butterscotch and Strawberry shakes.

8. sarah30

sarah30 Member

Thanks everyone i will let you know if i decide to do it..xx
  9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Personally, speaking I don't believe that basing your decision on whether or not you will like the flavours is a good approach. You are going to need to feel you need to lose the weight no matter what if you are to successfully stick to the plan and lose the maximum amount of weight you can in the shortest amount of time and have the least difficult experience. Whether or not you like the shakes is not that important. They are there to stop you starving more than anything. You should be able to find at least one product that you can stomach - and that is all you need in order to get through. Some people have the same one thing for every "meal", every day.

Good luck
  10. sarah30

sarah30 Member

Hi Dancing i do i need to lose the weight just wondering what they tasted like i have tried lipotrim shakes and they are reallt thick an not nice..x
  11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

everyone's tastes are so different though. One person will post how much they can't stand a particular soup, and 5 will post they love it and drink nothing else. I think each of the flavours is loved by 50% and hated by 50% but there is usually something - unfortunately it would be trial and error in the first week to find the ones you like. CDCs will always allow you to swap packs though - so if you buy a couple of one flavour and find you really can't drink it, they will swap the remaining pack for you.

The other thing is some people like a flavour hot and others will like the same flavour cold. For instance, I like the toffee and walnut as mousse or cold but can't stand it hot.

If you like the flavour of coffee then you can always add (decaf) coffee to many of the packs and that can make many of them that you wouldn't otherwise like, very nice indeed - I use coffee as a flavouring all the time.

Why not give it a go. You have everything (weight) to lose! It is great and the losses are amazing.
  12. weepoppet

weepoppet Full Member

There are so many flavours on CD there is bound to be at least a couple you can stomach. After all, even if you had to hold your nose and force it down your neck, the weight loss results on this diet plan are unbelievable. Off course you won't have to do that as you will like the taste. :)

I don't do soups as they make my skin sore and itchy and I only have the strawberry shake. I also only eat the chocolate and malt toffee bars so I am not the best person to advise on the best flavours but I can advise you that you will find this diet the best and last one you need ever do again.

Best of luck.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.