Maybe this time....

fatcatz

Hi folks!
Thought Id join up and maybe this time sort out my waistline and lifestyle. Ive been yo yo dieting for decades and getting that little bit bigger every time until now Im a human hippo with a BMI of 42 (and not a cute Fantasia hippo either *sadface*)...
My weight is affecting my life as Im tired all the time and find it difficult to walk far, much to the disgust of my dogs. Also my work can involve me being on my feet for 10-12hrs which is a killer on the joints. So its time to change! :D
First steps will be cutting my Diet Coke habit (2l a day) and getting rid of all the artificial garbage I stuff into my body. I dont even care about weight loss right now, just want to improve my lifestyle in general.

Current goals-
ditch the artificial sweeteners.
pick healthy food options.
get out and walk my dogs for an hour a day.

:)

Hi Catz and welcome!

Really glad to hear you're going for a healthy lifestyle, it's a great aim to achieve - I was a bit of a Diet Coke drinker too, but realised I had to stop when I started getting palpitations, and now I don't touch the stuff! You can do it, but I'd advise you go cold turkey, I think it's the only way :)

Welcome!

Walking is great for weight loss--it's how I started! If you keep at it and slowly increase the distance, before too long your dogs will start giving you looks like, "Again? Can't we just take a nap instead?" ;)

And cutting out the Diet Coke/adding healthier food options is another great start! Best of luck with it. xx

Congrats on making a start towards a healthier you! Going sugar and artificial sweetener free was a decision I made a couple of weeks into my journey and it was the best idea! And walking is fab, I was amazed how quick my fitness levels improved - and im sure your dog will thank you too. Good luck!

aww, thanks for the support guys! :) I kinda feel abit dumb posting here as Ive been 'here' so many times before, even got to goal weight twice.....for about a month!:eek: Im sure everybody feels like the wrong kind of loser at times though.
Doing good so far though and Ive managed to cut out all the caffeine/aspartame. I only had to spend one day in bed with the mother of all headaches and the rest has been manageable, although its making me feel really lethargic and I tend to droop from early afternoon. Ive been out with the dogs for an hour each day though and hopefully I'll speed up when Ive got more energy.
Dietwise feels ok to me. For example yesterday
breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs, 1 warburtons thin with clover
lunch- cous cous, mixed veggies, quorn sausage
dinner- veggie spag bol
supper-2 shredded wheat, skimmed milk,a few tinned peach slices and pumpkin/sunflower seeds
snacks- carrot,celery sticks and hummous

today
breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs, 1 warburtons thin with clover
lunch-potato and leek soup, muller rice
tea-gardeners pie, green beans, gravy
supper-probably same as yesterday
snacks-2 tangerines

Gardners pie is just shepards/cottage pie without meat! Im not really veggie but for some reason whenever I eat more healthy I just accidently stop eating meat.LOL:D
Mine was stuffed with onions, garlic, tomatoes, courgettes, carrots, peas and sweetcorn and had a mashed swede and carrot topping (with a cheeky bit of grated cheese). Totally scrumptious!

Welcome. Your food sounds wonderful. Glad you've ditched the aspartame. Xx

Gardners pie is just shepards/cottage pie without meat! Im not really veggie but for some reason whenever I eat more healthy I just accidently stop eating meat.LOL:D Mine was stuffed with onions, garlic, tomatoes, courgettes, carrots, peas and sweetcorn and had a mashed swede and carrot topping (with a cheeky bit of grated cheese). Totally scrumptious!

Oh that sounds lovely, might try that on the weekend :)

Kinda panicking abit about going back to work tomorrow. I do 2 nightshifts a week and rarely sleep more then an hour and a half between them. Wind up wandering the house like a zombie (only instead of craving brains I crave anything with bad carbs and covered in melted cheese!). Usually end up ordering a family size Dominos to make myself feel better.:eek:
Going well for today though! Out for an hour with the dogs.
B-2 scrambled eggs, 1 warburtons thin.
L-wholemeal pitta with grated cheese, carrot and beetroot. natural yoghurt and blueberries.
D-tofu stir fry with noodles and black bean sauce.
S- 2 shredded wheat with seeds and skimmed milk, poss some fruit too!

Yeah cheese is my go to no no in the night when I can't sleep too.

Poor love, hope you get some sleep in between! x

hi katz
i have not been sleeping well for 2 weeks now and im the same crave crap x x

It really sucks doesnt? Something about being soooo tired makes comfort foods all the more appealing!:eek:
But I managed to get through my nightshifts without pigging out! woot!! I ate pretty much the same as normal....just in a different order. In fact it might not have been quite enough given how active my 13hr shifts are.:rolleyes: I find that if I keep my protein levels topped up then it keeps the cheesy carb monster at bay.

Sooo...food!
Nightshift- cous cous and bean salad, small carton OJ, tangerine.
breakfast- (normally eaten about 5.30-6 at work but I was so busy I couldnt stop meaning by the time I got home and ate I was seeing cartoon birdies and feeling quite faint.) Actimel drink and a banana.
lunch- 2 scrambled eggs mixed with chopped up quorn sausage, spinach and red onion.
tea- faux goulash, new potatoes in herb butter and mixed veggies(kale, spinach, sprouts and brocoli). Faux goulash is my newly christened happy accident coz I realiesed I had not alot in and had to go freezer/cupboard diving! So quorn beef strips, 1/2 tin heinz tomato soup, cherry toms, red onion, garlic, herbs and it tasted lovely.:D Out of curiosity I added the calories of the non veggie bits up as it seemed like a huge meal...came to 360cals!
Soooooo I finished up with some tinned pineapple and natural yogurt.:)

Poor dogs got no walk today but I got plenty of exercise walking to and from work, not to mention all the rushing about at work. Ive ordered a pedometer though to help me track my progress abit better, aiming for 10, 000 steps eventually.
Also finding Youtube very inspirational at the moment. There are so many clips of food prep and healthy eating Ive gotten alot of good ideas to try out!

Hope everybody else is winning the battle of the bulge!;)

hi catz
wow your do amazing hun and it sounds like your very very busy at night to
and that sounds lovely your menu hun
x

Back