Second time on Exante - let's do this!

LolaSlim

A bit of a back story...
So this is the second time I am going on the Exante diet. I previously did it for two months in late 2015 and lost a total of 2 stone which took me down to 12st 7lbs. I was happy at this weight which is why I stopped doing Exante. I maintained the weight for 10 months but then went to Disneyworld Florida in September 2016 and ate EVERYTHING! Then I moved into my own flat on my own and Christmas happened... more and more eating! I ended up putting back on the 2st I had lost, plus a couple of extra lbs :(

The target
I currently weigh 14st 8lbs and I think this time round I am going to aim for 11st 7lbs. I might get back down to 12st 7lbs and decide this is low enough for me (I felt comfortable at this weight last time. Even though I am only 5ft 4" I have always had a curvy frame with big-ish boobs and bottom which I like) but I'll see how I go. It's my 25th Birthday in May and I am going on a holiday with my friends and boyfriend so I would like to be down to 13st at least by this time.

Wish me luck...
I joined the Exante forum (which I can't seem to find now????) last time and talking to people helped me stick to the diet a lot. I managed to do the whole of Total Solution 100% for two months which ultimately resulted in my 2st loss. I am an extremely motivated person when I have something strict to stick to and I'm hoping that doing Exante again will remind me that I don't need to eat my feelings (I struggle with emotional eating) and this time round I will be able to maintain my weight. I AM DETERMINED!

Looking forward to speaking to you lovely ladies (and gents?) and joining you on this road to a healthier lifestyle!

I will officially begin my Exante Total Solutions journey on Monday 13th March! Stay tuned :)

Today is the day I start Exante and to be honest I'm actually excited to start it again (I'm going to look at this post again when I'm two weeks down the line and missing all the food!)

On a serious note, this diet helped free me from my bad relationship with food last time by making me looking for other solutions when I'm feeling low rather than emotional eating. I'm looking forward to getting out of that rutt again and I am determined to stay out of it this time.

I've decided today's meal choices are lemom bar, banana milkshake and coconut milkshake (my favourite!)

The first three days are the hardest.. but hopefully the weight loss in 7 days will spur me on :)

Hi Lolaslim,

Found you:rolleyes: good luck for first few days. I also felt lightheaded on day 3-4-5 but after that it was easier to stick to as hunger has already been vanished.

I wish I also learn by the end of the process to use food as a resource to fuel my body rather than fuel my mood...lol

xxx

Fatimah

Hi Lolaslim,

Found you:rolleyes: good luck for first few days. I also felt lightheaded on day 3-4-5 but after that it was easier to stick to as hunger has already been vanished.

I wish I also learn by the end of the process to use food as a resource to fuel my body rather than fuel my mood...lol

xxx

Fatimah

Hi Fatimah!

Thank you, and well done for finding my thread -I'd have no idea how to do it!

It's day three today and going very well :) yesterday I had a coconut bar at lunch, then lemon cheesecake shake and apple and cinnamon porridge when I got home as I fancied something warm! However I've decided I'm never going to have the porridge as porridge ever again! When I first did Exante someone gave me advice to make them into little biscuits instead as they taste better so that's what I did - so last night was the first time I actually made the porridge up correctly as per the instructions and gosh it was AWFUL. For anyone who wants to try the porridge made up into biscuits you add a small amount of water and mix until it forms a sort of dough. Then form into balls and put in the oven for about 10 minutes! So much nicer and very tasty when they are warm :) definitely going to stick to doing this from now on!

Today I've got a cherry and almond bar for lunch and then two shakes this evening (I haven't decided what they will be yet but I think I will have a coconut shake and possibly a vanilla made with coffee STARBUCKS STYLE! Ha ha ha).

I had a cheeky weigh in this morning as the first few days I definitely need a LOT of motivation to get over the first hurdle - and I've lost 4lbs :) woo hoo!

Hi Fatimah!

Thank you, and well done for finding my thread -I'd have no idea how to do it!

It's day three today and going very well :) yesterday I had a coconut bar at lunch, then lemon cheesecake shake and apple and cinnamon porridge when I got home as I fancied something warm! However I've decided I'm never going to have the porridge as porridge ever again! When I first did Exante someone gave me advice to make them into little biscuits instead as they taste better so that's what I did - so last night was the first time I actually made the porridge up correctly as per the instructions and gosh it was AWFUL. For anyone who wants to try the porridge made up into biscuits you add a small amount of water and mix until it forms a sort of dough. Then form into balls and put in the oven for about 10 minutes! So much nicer and very tasty when they are warm :) definitely going to stick to doing this from now on!

Today I've got a cherry and almond bar for lunch and then two shakes this evening (I haven't decided what they will be yet but I think I will have a coconut shake and possibly a vanilla made with coffee STARBUCKS STYLE! Ha ha ha).

I had a cheeky weigh in this morning as the first few days I definitely need a LOT of motivation to get over the first hurdle - and I've lost 4lbs :) woo hoo!
I used to mix up the porridge and pop a teaspoonful of baking powder in (bit of a cheat really) and put the mixture into silicone bun cases, cooked for 10-15 mins in the oven. You need to keep a bit of an eye on them TBH. They became little porridge muffins. If I was really having a treat - my 'bad day blues buster' tip, I would have a bit of waldens farms sauce on them as well.

Great news on the loss. I'm naughty and weigh Mon, Weds and Fri so I can motivate myself with the downward trend on my tracker.

Yep I definitely prefer the porridge in a cake sort of way rather than 'porridge' - the thought of it now still makes me feel iffy! Yuck!

I've been quite bad and weighed nearly every day this week - I think it's just because I need that extra bit of motivation in the first week. After this I'm going to try to do weekly weigh ins as in the past I've fluctuated quite a lot throughout the second and third weeks, and only tend to have 2lb/3lb losses.

I had a vanilla milkshake with coffee yesterday for my dinner and OH MY GOSH it was absolutely AMAZING! I loved it so much I popped home on my break today and made one up for lunch. Definitely having every vanilla shake like that :)

So far today I've had a vanilla shake (with coffee!) then for dinner I am going to have a lemon bar and probably a banana milkshake. I've got a really bad headache today - but I don't think I can put it down to keto flu as I'm on day 4 and feel brilliant in myself, just my head isn't too happy. May just be the result of a bad night's sleep! Diet-wise I'm feeling fab and enjoying how free Exante makes me feel - not having to constantly think about what I'm going to make for dinner and also avoiding Aldi on Saturday as I don't need to go food shopping is HEAVEN! Ha ha ha :) hope everyone is having a good day! xxxx

Ooooh dear yesterday went from good to bad! I stayed on plan 100% but the amount of willpower it took not to go to KFC and eat my feelings was immense. For some reason I had an attack of sadness last night, and usually when I'm feeling like that I would eat! So it took all my determination to not - and I'm pleased to say I didn't :)

Feeling a lot better this morning though. No headache and TMI but I actually went to the loo this morning! I suffered a lot last time on Exante with constipation and not being able to go to the loo - I think it's because I'm always so used to being regular. But my stomach definitely feels better now after that so hooorah!

I'm going out for a shopping day with my Mum and Sister tomorrow so that will be fun, I've just got to avoid getting a very syrupy milky Costa and stick to green tea whilst I'm out and about :) I have decided I am only going to do Exante until my packs run out (which will be 6th April) then after that I will switch completely to a ketogenic diet! So I've only got just under 3 weeks left on Exante and I'm hoping that during this time I can lose at least 14lbs but we'll see :) as long as I can get into the 13s again I'll be happy.

Today's meals are a coconut bar for lunch, then I'm going to have Frappuccino style vanilla shake and maybe a lemon cheesecake shake this evening :)

Today is a positive day! It's Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend! I can do this!

Hi. How have you done over the weekend. I have started today. How do you add the coffee. Are the drinks hot??

Hi. How have you done over the weekend. I have started today. How do you add the coffee. Are the drinks hot??
Just stick a spoonful of coffee powder in and then blend as normal :)
I use a Breville Actiblend thing, I've had it for over 2 years and it's still going strong. You can have the shakes hot if you like but I add more water than the instructions say, add half a dozen ice cubes and blend the daylights out of the whole lot. It makes them nice and thick. I am told like McDonalds shakes, but having never had a McShake, I will take their word for it.
Good luck, drink lots of water and wrap up warm.

Just stick a spoonful of coffee powder in and then blend as normal :)
I use a Breville Actiblend thing, I've had it for over 2 years and it's still going strong. You can have the shakes hot if you like but I add more water than the instructions say, add half a dozen ice cubes and blend the daylights out of the whole lot. It makes them nice and thick. I am told like McDonalds shakes, but having never had a McShake, I will take their word for it.
Good luck, drink lots of water and wrap up warm.
hi can I join in the party...im starting exante tomorrow and seriously need support and I haven't even started yet lol
I did have a sneaky taste of the hot cross bun bars and they are so yum.....but stay away from them, theyre mine I say....all mine :) oooh and a sneaky slurp of the lemon cheesecake smoothie......so delish laters lovelies x

Hello, first timer here, starting today (although box delivered last month...oops). Don't know what weight i'd like to be, just healthy looking! Its so hard to have self esteem when the other 22 year olds beside you have slim bodies and confidence. I quit smoking recently and its been a breeze compared to losing weight. I have new found willpower this year, hoping it is effective in this too.

I'm already inspired by you ladies, good luck x

hi can I join in the party...im starting exante tomorrow and seriously need support and I haven't even started yet lol
I did have a sneaky taste of the hot cross bun bars and they are so yum.....but stay away from them, theyre mine I say....all mine :) oooh and a sneaky slurp of the lemon cheesecake smoothie......so delish laters lovelies x

Hello, first timer here, starting today (although box delivered last month...oops). Don't know what weight i'd like to be, just healthy looking! Its so hard to have self esteem when the other 22 year olds beside you have slim bodies and confidence. I quit smoking recently and its been a breeze compared to losing weight. I have new found willpower this year, hoping it is effective in this too.

I'm already inspired by you ladies, good luck x

Hi ladies.

I've been off line for a while. Moving house, no broadband for an age.
I've had a week off Exante and mostly back on today. I'm calling it a flexi day today as I am nearly at 1000 calories. I've ridden my bike for nearly 38 miles today so not worried in the least. I'll have better day tomorrow and will be back, properly, on the Exante horse by Monday, I'm sure.

I adore the Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie. I've only got 4 left so rationing them :)
I don't take any notice of the skinny-minnies around me. They are them and I am me. I'm not in my 20s so unlikely to have a body like I did in my 20s. I'm happy to keep the curves under control. Mind you I have considered making friends with lots of people who are curvier than I, then I can be the skinny-minnie for a change ;)

Hope your move went well.
Good luck on your journey. I'm nearly two weeks in now. Hope your day went well yesterday. Well done on the cycling. Les

Funny how different people like different things. Every time I do exante I eat the porridge for breakfast almost every day - I love the stuff! <3

I love the Apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast.
My favourite bar is cookies and cream
My favourite meal is sweet and sour also the curry. Les x

I love the sweet and sour too! And the two original bars. I also have those curry pots - they seem to have so much more food in them than any of the other meal replacements I always worry it's a mistake!

Yes I agree with you.
When you have the pots it's like having a proper meal. I must admit I quite enjoy the Sunday roast but I am beginning to feel like I'm eating baby food x

Oh I've not had the Sunday roast. Is that a new one?

Back