McG and her 2019 adventure!

Mcg87

Hi all.

Gearing myself up to be selfish next year and focus on me! I have approx 3 stone to lose, I also want to cut down my drinking and be more active again.

This diary will hopefully hold me accountable!

I have signed up to dry January which will kick I hope will help with weight loss and also a month off drinking will reset my attitude towards a pint.

I enjoy the recipes from the hairy dieters books so will follow these. I'm going to aim for 1500 cals per day.

I will be meal planning and food prepping to help me get ahead. And for January there will be no takeaways or meals out. Too much temptation!

I also want to hit my 10000 steps a day which i will start with a walk on New Years Day.

I'll check back in once I have meal planned my first week. NYD will be a meal prep day.

Hey! Welcome to the forum and best wishes for a fantastic 2019 with success on your journey of self-care :) Are you logging your cals using an app like MyFitnessPal? I've found this really useful in the past for keeping me accountable and making sure I don't forget to count anything! You've got this! I look forward to seeing your progress through the New Year :)

Thank you! Yes, I've my MFP which is linked to my fitbit and I'll be starting a bullet journal too.

Today I ate fast food and I'm drinking beers. My last hurrah before kick off tomorrow.

I've meal planned for the rest of the week and am online shopping to avoid temptation so adding to this as I get inspriation.

Hubs is out tonight but I have opted for a night in so I can get up tomorrow and get my exercise in before the day starts.

Cheers everyone, have a lovely new years eve!

Starting my new year with a hangover! :eek:

But! Today is a fresh start. I'm watching say anything and generally feeling sorry for myself but I am making the hairy dieters shepherds pie for dinner so diet will be on track today at least!

Yesterday was a bust for me too. It was my sister's birthday party as well as NYE and I ate, drank and was merry. Starting the new year with a hangover here, too. But on plan! Onwards and upward! Enjoy your shepherds pie, sounds lovely! :)

Yesterday was a bust for me too. It was my sister's birthday party as well as NYE and I ate, drank and was merry. Starting the new year with a hangover here, too. But on plan! Onwards and upward! Enjoy your shepherds pie, sounds lovely! :)

Hopefully you had a good night! Hubs complained there were 'too many vegetables' in the pie! I enjoyed it. I have stuck to plan today and will come in under my calories even if I have some frozen yoghurt and a hot chocolate before bed which I'm certainly planning to do!

Lunch is prepped for the next two days. Actually glad to be going back to the office and getting routine in my life. Aiming for 10 thousand steps tomorrow. Did not do that today!

Half way through the day and so far the plan has been stuck to. But I know the evening is my wobbletime. I usually want a beer, however, I have the willpower at the moment so will stay strong.

Back to work and I'm hoping the routine will help with the diet. Just need to put the effort into getting my steps up.

Chilli for dinner which will be accompanied with cauliflower rice. It's these tiny adjustments that I hope will make the big difference.

Day two and goals have been met.
Protein shake for breakfast
Halloumi and veg skewers for lunch
Chilli and cauli rice for dinner
Veg for snacking and hot chocolate for a treat!
Feeling positive.

Need to finish my online shop which arrives Friday.

Hit 10000 steps today.

A good day.

Bit I was tired today. Totally slumped at midday. But powered through, did not cheat.

Too tired to cook so had left over chilli and hubs had fish fingers. I roasted some veg and quorn fillets for my lunch tomorrow.

Nearly at 10000 steps but it's 8pm and I'm in bed! So 800 shy today, but my calorie deficit will still be a strong one.

Don't miss my evening beer. Really seeing it for the empty calories they are right now.

All in all I have the mental attitude I previously had when I was really successful with my weight loss so feeling great. (Must remember it's only day 3!) I have a wedding to attend in July and it would be wonderful to feel confident instead of hiding in the background.

Hey! Glad you're doing well, I've fallen off the wagon and taking the weekend to contemplate my life choices and what I really want out of this! I'll be back Monday, hopefully back on track and feeling more positive! Sounds like you're doing really well :) Well done for getting on with things and powering through the tiredness today :)

Hang in there, ive been reading your thread and im sure you'll be able to manage it! Ive been half heartedly losing and gaining the same 7lbs for 3 months so this mental switch in my head has taken some convincing!

Friday. The weekend. My downfall. But I'm feeling good. Food shop arrives tonight and I have Luther to catch up on so that will keep me away from boredom drinking.

I don't think I'll meet my step count today but as diet is my main focus at the moment I'm not too concerned. I'll add in the exercise when I'm less self conscious!

Sober Friday. I really wanted a beer when I finished work, purely out of habit. But I have resisted!

Ceaser salad and a giant pesto meatball for dinner which was lovely. Will have that for lunch tomorrow too. Got some diet Pepsi to see me through the evening.

Not going to hit 10000 steps but 7500 is doable which is more than I have moved in recent weeks.

Busy day of house decluttered planned tomorrow.

I really hope I have a loss this week. I'm back to my pre Christmas weight so hopefully I can get down further by Tuesday weigh in.

Woke up early this morning. I'm not so sure I enjoy sober weekends... but my need to lose weight is greater than my need for alcohol. When dry January is over I think I'm gonna have to give up the beer til i get to goal and said to spirits...

Made an omelette for breakfast and will decide on my meal plan for the week ahead later. Debating on cooking a roast tomorrow or sticking to a healthier option. (I just want all the roast potatoes and Yorkshires!)

Going furniture shopping today if my husband gets his arse in gear. Might have to do that tomorrow instead as he has an appointment at 2pm so we don't have much time.

Oh, learnt today why you shouldn't weigh in every day. Scales were going from a 2lb increase to a 7lb one! I know it's not possible and weight fluctuates but it's annoying all the same. Will try to hold off til the first official weight in on Tuesday.

I am currently sipping on a non alcoholic G&T. Squash got boring.

Going to cook burgers shortly. Hubs gets chips and a bun with his. I get 2 burgers with lettuce buns. But I love burgers!

Night in. Will maybe stick a movie on after I have cooked.

I'm going to make soup tomorrow for snacking on.

A whole weekend without a hint of a hangover! I do like this, but I did go to bed before 10 which hubs was disappointed at.

Housework day today so that will burn a few calories.

Planned my calories so I can have a roast later.

I need to stock up on snacks. When I wasn't dieting I didn't snack, which i now see is because of my large portion sizes and alcohol. I now need to snack. Fruit is a no, it goes off before I can eat it (and I'm not a fan) so looking at things to fill me up in the 100 cal region. Will add to this week's food shop.

So meal plan for the week

S - roast chicken
M - poached chicken with tarragon sauce
T - burrito
W - burrito
T - tbd
F - giant meatball and salad
S - curry

My lunch plan derailed. I was supposed to have a salad. I had a hot dog! But! It was lower in calories than the salad I had planned. Just don't think it will keep me filled up as much as my planned meal would.

I'm drinking copious amounts of squash and coffee to try and keep my stomach full.

I need to start thinking about incorporating exercise into my regime. I enjoy fitness blender so will set a target of 2 workouts for the week ahead.

Hello ladies, just introducing myself, I am aiming for calorie counting too. Major achievement so far today is I am staying at my mum's overnight and while she has gone to bed already I have not raided the cupboard or fridge for a snack, yaay!

Welcome and good luck!

I had prosecco last night. I'm going to aim for a more realistic target of no drinking in the week. I stayed within my calories so I'm not too concerned.

First full week back at work. I was lazy yesterday so need to do some food prep for this week, make up some lunches and try and get ahead on dinners so I can get some workouts under my belt.

Weigh in tomorrow, I have lost but will report back week 1 figures tomorrow.

Have a good day all!

Today was a struggle foodwise. I kept to good choices I was just super hungry!

Decided against my planned dinner and have chucked a load of veg and chicken in a roasting tin and will see how that turns out. With spares for tomorrow lunch too.

Got the mortgage offer for the house we are hoping to buy which is exciting. Hopefully everything falls into place.

Having a relaxing evening, think it will be an early night with the telly on in bed, with my hot chocolate and squirty cream!

Weigh in - down 5lbs this week! So nearly 6.

Obviously it's not all fat , but it's a step in the right direction. Target for this week is 1.5lbs.

Need to continue to make the right choices and stick to my calorie allowance. Meal planning is the only way to do this and just eating tons of veg as I'm not a fan of fruit.

Back