Mcv. Claire's weight loss journey with slimfast.

Had a crap week, been off work for 3 days spring cleaning, very chuffed at what I've achieved but was so hungry. It's also TOTM and I've eaten loads of crap, so the result is that I've gained a pound this week, gutted but deserved.
Back to it this week, I've got nothing to wear lol. My fat jeans are in the wash and I can't get into my other jeans yet, the jeans I bought when I grew out of my fat jeans are hangin off me ( yea!)
And they look awful on but I'm not buying any more as I have 3 pairs in wardrobe waiting to be worn again !

A little girl called April has been snatched not to far from where I live, and it just brings home the reality of the world we live in.
Apart from the obvious feelings and thoughts for the little girl and her family, then the thoughts and feelings about the person/s who took her I feel awful because I am just so thankful my children are tucked up in bed.
My son is the same age as April 5 yrs and my daughter is 8. We had to explain to them this morning what has happened because I wasn't sure if other children in the school would be talking about it. My daughter is a worrier and my son is a sensitive little sole, so trying to explain to them the seriousness of this and reinforce not to talk to strangers etc without disturbing them is so hard.
Childhood should be care free, and be able to enjoy playing down the park, my daughter had a new bike this morning for her birthday and I was too afraid to let her out on it:(
Sod integrating reformed pedo's into society, making sure they are anonymous so they have their civil rights to live in peace, sod keeping them in prison with their 3 meals a day. Get rid of these sick *******s, wipe them out for good.
Please pray to god for the safe return of April x

Same here, it's about an hour and a half away from me, it's scary when it happens so close to home. I really hope she's found safe and well today. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Where abouts are you toxic girl? We are Welshpool not too far away from mac, it's awful.
It turns out this bloke who has been arrested is a neighbour friend/aquaintence.
We teach our children stranger danger, but how do we deal with this? We need to know who is in our community so we can have the basic right to protect our children!
My guess is that he has form for this kind of thing, and I truly believe these sick monsters can not be reformed, then to top it off they are integrated into the community where there are children, talk about putting temptation right under their noses! Their human rights doesn't allow their identity to be made public but what about the rights of our children to play out side without fear, and what about the right of parents to protect their children?
Surely the innocents should have more rights than the offenders, it's a really screwed up system

im in pembrokeshire. yes i agree the system is totally wrong. i hope they find out but it doesnt look like theres going to be a happy ending after this amount of time. x

Well I have been off the diet for quite a few weeks but I got on the scales this morning and I've only gained 1 lb. I'm now ready to get going again, I'd like to loose 11 lb by beginning of December which will take me to 11st.
I went shopping with my mum and daughter today an bought a pair of skinny jeans from next size 12 I am sooooo chuffed!
I've got a little black dress hanging in my wardrobe that I would like to wear to my hubbies Christmas do, so definitely back on the wagon now x

mcv said:
Well I have been off the diet for quite a few weeks but I got on the scales this morning and I've only gained 1 lb. I'm now ready to get going again, I'd like to loose 11 lb by beginning of December which will take me to 11st.
I went shopping with my mum and daughter today an bought a pair of skinny jeans from next size 12 I am sooooo chuffed!
I've got a little black dress hanging in my wardrobe that I would like to wear to my hubbies Christmas do, so definitely back on the wagon now x

It's great that you are back and on the road to losses :) and only to have gained a lb will help.

A fab NSV too with the jeans :) well done!

Join the Xmas challenge and add your numbers. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good on you Claire - nice to have you back :D I think sometimes it does you good to take a step back for a while and come back re-focused. I can speak from experience here as my weight loss journey is by definition a long (probably life-long) and protracted affair and I do the same every so often as it just gets so demotivating otherwise.

Great news about the one pound gain too - it shows that you have made lifestyle changes not just doing the "quick fix" which we all know doesn't work in the long term.

WTG for your NSV size 12 jeans too - I can just about get my 12s on again, but it is a pretty tight fit ;) I too have a gorgeous black evening dress that I would love to be able to wear from Christmas, but this time of year is never good on the weight loss front for me as my steroids are maxed out - the unexplained gains and the rages are starting to rear their ugly heads again - God help poor Al, I really don't know how he copes with me at this time of year - he's a ruddy saint!

Just passing by to catch up Claire. I see you are not on MFP either - hope everything is OK and you are just to busy to log in?

Well guys here I am again, 1 lb off getting to 2 stone. I totally lost motivation after my holiday last September. I gained 6 lb while away but lost it again within 3 weeks. Between October and Christmas we celebrated 4 birthdays, and Christmas I decided to enjoy and start again in the new year. I was surprised that I only gained 3 lb over Christmas but didn't get back to it till middle of January, I have lost 5lb since then.
My daughter Molly has been quite poorly, she is starting to think the doctors surgery is her second home, and to be honest with you I feel like I have been hanging by a thread, she had flu like symptoms without the cold bit, and terrible headaches,joint pain & tummy pain. It's been ongoing for the last 3 months. Any way 2 weeks ago the doctor suggested it may be vitamin D deficiency and/ or wheat intolerance, so a wheat free diet and vit D boost she is now feeling much better.
I really haven't had the time for myself lately, which is why I haven't been here for a while or on mfp but now she is on the mend I can get back to thinking of myself once in a while lol.
So food.....,.., think I just get a mental block now, I have to cater for a vegetarian, ( hubby) my son is dairy intolerant and now Molly is wheat intolerant oh the joys, life would be so much easier if I could just give them a pill and not have to cook or do the food shopping!
Anyway guys, hope you are all doing well and would love to catch up with you all xx
Claire

Well done for getting back on track housecat, I've finally got to my target of 2 stone. Only 1 1/2 stone to go. I'm off to Tenerife on Wednesday so I will be expecting another gain, middle of July I'm off to a birthday party and would like to be 7 lb lighter than I am now, so will have to get straight back to it when I return x

Such an inspiration.. ive started 3 days ago, and have just read ur diary back to back :) hope u dont think im a stalker.. im so excited about my own weight loss journey.. im 13st4 starting.. im afraid to go on the sacles, but just finishing day 3 today.. finding it ok at the moment. have had an extra piece of fruit yday to stop a craving, but i dont think thats too bad! :D

I hope you dont mind but ill let you know of my progress!! perhaps u can give me some tips :)

I have a wedding on the 26th april i would wanna getinto a dress i bought in coast before xmas,, size 14.. its v tight.. closes but i can breath..
Then i am bridesmaid next year for a friend and would love to get to a size 12 for!

I am sure you will be able to do it Irishtweet :)
I am nearly at the two stone mark now but where I have been on and off of the diet and had health issues it has taken a long time. I know if I stick to it constantly the weight will come off quicker which is my plan.
Unfortunately where it has taken me so long nobody has noticed my weight loss apart from my husband when I put a new dress on the other day. He was like "Wow!!" so that is all the motivation I need! :)
Good luck and you will get in that dress! :)

Cheers guys, after loosing 2 stone not many people have mentioned it only my hubbie, my mother in law and my mum. May be its winter clothes?? But all the same can be disheartening !
A few little tips that have kept me going .... Don't just go by weight alone, at the start take a photo ( for your eyes only) and measurements, as some weeks I had a disappointing week on scales but a good result with the tape measure.
If u happen to fall off the wagon, start afresh THE SAME DAY!! Don't leave it till the next day or start again the beginning of the week as you will pig out until u start again!
Lets just say in the afternoon you ate something high calorie ( chocolate bar/ cake) etc. DON'T try and make up for it by missing your evening meal because by bed time you will be scoffing toast, crisps etc which is worse than having a balanced low cal evening meal.
Life is life there will always be events that mean on a particular day/ weekend you won't be able to stay on track, but you only live once, enjoy the event and get straight back to it ASAP!!
I love to hear about others progress, x
Let me know how you are getting on ladies, wud love to hear from you x
Claire

Hi Claire :) Some great tips there. I have been guilty of having rubbish days and then giving up for a while completely but you really have to stick with it.
I am another pound down today so only one more pound and that's two stone! :D I am so pleased!
I have even walked completely away from takeaways when they have been bought as I gain weight so easily and with an underactive thyroid it takes forever to come off again but I am determined.

Housecat I talk the talk Hun but as we all know that it is sometimes easier said than done lol.
I am stuck on that 2 stone loss and its nothing more than my mind is not quite in the right place at the moment so it seems like a constant battle
:(
Takeaways are lethal in my opinion the salt and fat content makes your body hold on to everything so I've limited myself to 1 a month which is much better than the one a week I used to have!
I started exercise when I got back of my holiday but now the children are on half term that's gone through the window too but only a week left then I will return to the gym, it's such a drag but once done I do feel so much better !
Well done on your loss how much more have you got to loose? I need to loose anothe 1 & 1/2 stone x

Back