me again! syns Q..

loolahoop

Silver Member
does anyone else struggle to get their syns in??
i know this is a silly question as its so easy to go over...
but, day to day im usually really stuffed with all the other food i have eaten that i havent had any syns (or less than 5) that im forcing myself to eat something just to make up at least 5 syns!!
but i thought the whole point of SW was eat when ur hungry and stop when ur full lol!
i could very easily eat a choc bar or something..but then that leaves me wanting more, no matter how full i am! n thats never a good thing!

No I don't find that a problem lol.
Your syns don't have to be stuff like chocolate and crisps though. Nearly all my syns go on additions to meals as I don't drink and don't eat chocolate, crisps, biscuit or cakes. Or even a glass of fruit juice is a good way to use your syns. Your syns are there so you don't feel deprived and fall off the wagon. Can you see yourself never eating anything other than free foods for the rest of your life? :)

Happens to me sometimes. I often have syns and som hexs left over but have heard people stop losing if don't use them up as it gets harder near target so been sitting down with milky options and hifis or mikados at night. In principle I could prob have a full box of mikados some days but only allow myself 4 a day (2syns). Have used hexb for olive oil instead of fry light as I like dressing on my salad. But I agree don't think I should be eating if not hungry and think its not a good way of retraining. Must try to incorporate them better into meals but I also do that thing where if I don't have any left in the evening I panic a bit and then get a bit obsessed and want to binge. It's a real vicious circle! I feel more in control if I have some left.

At the beginning I did, but use them now on meals mostly, I'd rather fry an egg for 1/2 syn than steam or poach it.

I can honestly say that I never have this problem! I am usually recounting my syns cause I tend to forget a couple occasionally hence the reason I stick to btwn 5-10 a day to give me a bit of lee way.

If you cant fit them in as snacks or treats why dont you try and incorporate them in your meals? Have some tomato sauce, gravy or mayo with your food or cook it in proper oil. You could also have synned yogurts instead of the muller free ones etc or use some of your normal white bread and syn it instead of the wholemeal from your heb x

ooh yeh synned yogurts is a good idea! i brought activia yogurts last week thinking they were the 0% ones but they werent oops! lol and they were 3.5 each.
also haddnt thought of sauces/gravy/mayo!!
ok am gonna have a rethink of my meal plan for thecoming week! thanx guys :) xXx

I'm not very good at using my syns but I think it's a fear of eating something that has syns and not being aware of it and if I've used all my syns I'll not have anything to fall back on but I've only been doing sw for a week and I'm sure I'll get more confident and use them in cooking. Are 4 Kimberley Mikado biscuits only 2 syns???? emmmm now that sounds good with a cup of coffee

I've only been doing SW a week and find it's hit or miss with syns some days in the past week I have easily used 14/15of my syns and other days I have struggled to even have 1 syn... for example today I had a syn free cooked breakfast, beans, mushrooms, eggs, bacon with the fat trimmed off and quorn sausages, for lunch I'm having chicken kebabs with peppers and onions (no sauces or anything) and for dinner I'm having syn free cottage pie topped with cheese but since I won't have used any healthy extras the cheese will be one of my hexs.

After I eat all this I will be totally full up and could easily go the rest of the night without eating and go to bed satisfied but I'm always aware that I've been told 5-15, not under 5 but 5-15 and since I want to follow the plan exactly I will then treat myself to some syns just before bedtime, 2 weightwatchers caramel wafers is usual (4syns each). Usually one taste of chocolate and I fall off the wagon spectacularly and turn into the cookie monster but being so full up from my day of free foods I'm genuinely finding I can eat them and not feel like i want more afterwards.

I also think that the more frequently you eat throughout the day be it free foods, hexs or syns it's good to keep your body metabolising that food.

I use most of my daily syns on literally eating a box of Alpen Light bars - unless I want to use them for meal additions. I am the same with chocolate, one I have one bar, I want 10 more. I have also used my daily syns on the whole box of Mikados occasionally in the cinema.

ggmac said:
I'm not very good at using my syns but I think it's a fear of eating something that has syns and not being aware of it and if I've used all my syns I'll not have anything to fall back on but I've only been doing sw for a week and I'm sure I'll get more confident and use them in cooking. Are 4 Kimberley Mikado biscuits only 2 syns???? emmmm now that sounds good with a cup of coffee

The mikados I have are the little long sticks which are little thin biscuits coated in chocolate. Not sure if they are Kimberley mikados. They come in a square box and are 1/2 a syn each. Come in choc, choc and hazelnut or choc and daim flavour. Hope that helps

They don't sound like Kimberley Mikado, where do you get these Mikado's, I'd like to check them out

ggmac said:
They don't sound like Kimberley Mikado, where do you get these Mikado's, I'd like to check them out

I get them from Asda or sainsburys but think most would do them

I get them from Asda or sainsburys but think most would do them

Thanks I got them from Asda yesterday and they are tasty, I'm keeping them for my chocolate cravings kick in

I haven't had those either, though I have seen them. Only 1/2 syn each? But can I keep my hand out of the box once it's open?:D

I haven't had those either, though I have seen them. Only 1/2 syn each? But can I keep my hand out of the box once it's open?:D

Last night I had 2........then i had another 2..........and then.......yep, you guessed....I had another 2 before quickly shoving them back in the cupboard where they belong. I think they could be dangerous :eek:

skippyhoppy said:

Unless you are very strong willed - no! ;) They are very tasty but so dangerously easy to eat lol

Don't think I could buy those mikado, I'd eat the full box cos they're so small.

What I have is a bag of funsize chocs, the bag is called 'pure chocolate' and I got mine from asda. Flake, choc buttons and dairy milk all 4 syns and single twirl finger 6 syns. Or the green and blacks mini bars. Once I have one I'm satisfied. Had flake last night!

Back