Meal ideas please!!!

Last night I chopped up loads of red, green and yellow peppers as well as some onions and fresh basil. Placed in a dish, lay chicken breasts on top, add a little chicken stock, and roast until chicken is cooked and peppers are tender. I served it with peas and couscous - absolutely lovely!

How about a Spanish Chicken Dish?
2 Peppers, chopped up
1 Red Onion, chopped up
Fry in frylight for a few mins.
Add the CHicken,
Add a tin of tomatoes and 500mls chicken stock
Add 2 teaspoons for Paprika (or 1 Paprika and 1 Cayenne pepper if you like it spicy), and some mixed herbs
Add some chopped up new potatoes
Cook for 20 mins

Yum yum yum!

If you're looking for something really quick and filling how about chicken noodles?

I made this the other day for two, using:

- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Peppers
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Bags of Morrisons Egg Noodles

I simply chopped the chicken breast into cubes and placed in a frying pan, sprayed with FryLight. I seasoned the chicken with Piri-Piri flakes which you can buy from Wilkinsons - they come in a little grinder.

Let the chicken begin to cook, and start chopping up the vegetables. I just cut them into little chunks. Once the chicken is starting to become white add the vegetables untill the chicken starts to brown.

Add the noodles to the pan, stir and let them cook for 3-4 minutes. Add Soy sauce to taste.

Serve & enjoy! Delish :)

How about an easy chicken noodle soup? Cook some batchelors super noodles (the 95% fat free one) with double the water that the instructions say. When the noodles are half cooked, add in half a bag of stir fry veg and shredded chicken. You can add some chillies if you want. So easy and great if you have cooked chicken lying around!

Honeyoc said:
How about an easy chicken noodle soup? Cook some batchelors super noodles (the 95% fat free one) with double the water that the instructions say. When the noodles are half cooked, add in half a bag of stir fry veg and shredded chicken. You can add some chillies if you want. So easy and great if you have cooked chicken lying around!

I love this idea! Great for lunch at the weekend too!

I have just had coronation chicken - zero fat yogurt, extra low fat mayonaise, chicken, curry powder and a teaspoon mango chutney, all mixed up together and loaded into a jacket potato with side salad. It was good!

I have just had coronation chicken - zero fat yogurt, extra low fat mayonaise, chicken, curry powder and a teaspoon mango chutney, all mixed up together and loaded into a jacket potato with side salad. It was good!

This sounds so nice, i am going to have to try this x

The diet coke chicken - Made that at the weekend and I swear, it is amazing. I was cautious about trying it, but seriously, if you haven't yet, give it a go! It's ace!!! :D

And another vote for noodle soup - Never thought of doing that, cheers muchly!!! x

I've got to agree I've just made it for the first time and omg it's lushhhhhh so thick the sauce is mmmmmmm and totally syn free on red oh yeah !!

Back