meals for 1

chunky-monkey77

i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !
i have been looking through various reciepes but alot if not all make for 4 . are there any reciepes that are only made for 1 ?

It wouldn't be too difficult to adapt the 4s down to 1 or make the 4 and freeze 3 for another time. I find if I adapt down, only adjust the main ingredients and not the herbs and spices, I find meals go a bit bland if I do that.

My OH works away quite a lot and so I often find myself in your position. I tend to half the recipes and then I have a portion for my dinner that night and a portion for my lunch the next day.

Or think of recipes than can be adapted. For example you can make a bolognese for one evening and then the next day add some more stock, chilli and kidney beans and you have got yourself some chilli for the next meal!! Or bolognese can easily be made into cottage pie for the next day.

Or if I am alone for 3 or 4 days I will buy a whole chicken and roast it. On day 1 I will have a roast, day 2 I will have pasta bake with chicken in, day 3 I will have chicken stir fry and if you have any left you can have toasted chicken and cheese sandwiches the next day.

Even when he is at home gracing me with his presence I make enough for 4 and freeze the remaining portions. There is then enough in the freezer for if he is away and I cannot be bothered to do more than heat something through or if there is some sort of national disaster I am not going hungry for quite some time!!!

I hope that helps!

I do the same, make extra... there are 2 of us, but I usually make 4 portions, or we have large portions and I have the leftovers for lunch.

In the new magazine there are meals for one recipes:
Cottage pie
Ricotta and spinach cannelloni
Mushroom and red pepper risotto
Parma ham-wrapped chicken

Emma xXx

Back