Meals in the SW magazine

anna_vixen said:
Having had a look through my SW magazine, I was quite disappointed with the recipes this time, as I feel they are for special occassions or treats, not everyday food, I may be the only one but I was disappointed when I saw the recipes - they should maybe take into account we are still in recession and there is still a huge percentage of the country losing their jobs etc. We could do with a bargain issue!! :)

You're not on your own here. Not only were they all quite expensive but i thought alot of the meals were quite involved, and needed alot of ingredients - as you say, a budget issue would be really useful.

I also thought there was a lot of faffing involved in a lot of the meals.
I suppose the magazines are sold to people who aren't sw members so is a way of advertising to people who could be members so it could look good to people that you can have those sort of meals but equally could make some think it would be too expensive/faffy to do :confused:
I think they need to bring it out more often so they can cover more bases!

i'm going to give the indian bbq dishes a go if the weather holds out - they look lush :)

That's interesting, Woodmouse. From the media pack, their typical reader is:

Female, aged 40 married/living with partner, has children and
works full or part time. She has a gross household income of​
£28,000, a weekly food bill of £296

Do you think they meant 'monthly' rather than weekly for the food bill? Otherwise, it explains why the recipes contain such expensive ingredients! Nearly £300 a week, blimey.

They must mean a month - £300 a week on food is over £15k a year, which would be most of her £28k salary a year after tax etc!

"Do you think they meant 'monthly' rather than weekly for the food bill? Otherwise, it explains why the recipes contain such expensive ingredients! Nearly £300 a week, blimey."

I did wonder about that myself! Wonder how many children this mythical member has to cater for?

That's interesting, Woodmouse. From the media pack, their typical reader is:

Do you think they meant 'monthly' rather than weekly for the food bill? Otherwise, it explains why the recipes contain such expensive ingredients! Nearly £300 a week, blimey.

Golly , I wish I had that I had that sort of money.

Mind you I don't fit their profile at all but I guess a lot of you do.

Back