Meatball Pasta Bake, yum yum:)

tribecamegan

I had this at the weekend, and it was absolutely delish:)

Meatball Pasta Bake- 10PP
Serves 4

400g (14oz) Lean Beef Mince
1 large onion, chopped finely
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Low fat cooking spray
175g (6oz) dried penne pasta
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 garlic cloves chopped
125g pack mozzarella light, drained and chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper

You will need a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish

1. In a large bowl, mix together the beef, onion and herbs with some seasoning. Shape into 16 walnut sized balls.

2. Spray a non-stick frying pan with the cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the meatballs and cook for 7-8 minutes until browned all over; don't worry if they are not cooked through as they will continue cooking in the oven. Remove from the heat and set aside.

3. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190C/fan oven 170C. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes or about half the cooking time stated on the packet. Drain well and mix with the tomatoes and garlic.

4. Spoon the pasta mixture into the overnproof dish. Nestle the meatballs into the pasta, top with mozzarella and bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling.

Could you do this recipe with quorn mince ????

I actually LOVE quorn mince, but I think it would be too dry to stick together for the meatballs, but you could use it all the same, and have a bolognese bake instead:)

Strangely enough, I was looking at this recipe in the book this afternoon, so definately going to give it a go for tea today.

Tried this tonight and all the family loved it ....can see us doing this on a regular basis.

looking forward to trying this with my crew. Thanks for posting

CJ

Thank you for this, I made it last night & it was scrummy!!
Im not a seasoned chef yet though as just got into cooking so the meatballs were a bit fiddly, i'll defo make it again but might not bother making the meat into balls :) xxx

This sounds yum!

I think I'll have to make this at the weekend. :D x

Well I have the meatball pasta bake in the oven now & it smells absolutely gorgeous. :D

Hope it tastes as good as it smells.

Louise - the 10pp is per person so recipe is for 4 = 40pp for whole lot. :)

I had this at the weekend, and it was absolutely delish:)

Meatball Pasta Bake- 10PP
Serves 4

400g (14oz) Lean Beef Mince
1 large onion, chopped finely
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Low fat cooking spray
175g (6oz) dried penne pasta
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 garlic cloves chopped
125g pack mozzarella light, drained and chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper

You will need a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish

1. In a large bowl, mix together the beef, onion and herbs with some seasoning. Shape into 16 walnut sized balls.

2. Spray a non-stick frying pan with the cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the meatballs and cook for 7-8 minutes until browned all over; don't worry if they are not cooked through as they will continue cooking in the oven. Remove from the heat and set aside.

3. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190C/fan oven 170C. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes or about half the cooking time stated on the packet. Drain well and mix with the tomatoes and garlic.

4. Spoon the pasta mixture into the overnproof dish. Nestle the meatballs into the pasta, top with mozzarella and bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling.
mmm sounds lovely,i luv meatballs ;)

thanks for posting this recipe - I made it last night and it was yum! I added some extra veg - red & yellow peppers and fried off some onions and garlic to add to the tomatoes.

Back