Meatballs, chilli concarne n pasta

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Carlz1983, 17 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Carlz1983

Carlz1983 Party Girl

Diet:
    Slimmers word
    Hi there! Making meatballs this week with beef, jamie oliver says u need to have breadcrumbs in them to stick, is that right?

Also any ideas on making chilli con carne nice? It says crush chilli seeds, can I not use chilli powder?

If you wana any yummy pasta sauce just shout ive developing them with a catering company at the moment only made from veg and herbs! Loving them but need to start having more red days.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    I never put breadcrumbs in my meatballs. I do sometimes use a bit of parmesan from my HEXA allowance though... and what I find works really well (same with burgers) is to shape them in advance and chill them for a good hour before you need them. They tend to hold their shape a bit better.

And chilli powder would work just as well in a chilli con carne, just be careful - I find it easier to overspice with powder rather than crushed chillies!!

4. Carlz1983

Carlz1983 Party Girl

Diet:
    Slimmers word
    Haha thanks I could defo overspice my chilli! Might try the seeds. Thanks for the tip on cooling them before! :)

5. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    meatballs: xl mince, 1 egg, 1 red onion, steak seasoning, salt pepper. MIx and smush into small balls, put on plate and cover, freeze for one night and defrost the next day ready to cook. This is the BEST way to make them super doober stay together, but i find without freezeing works just fine too.. (i only know about the freezing as i pre-made mine then changed my mind and had them frozen them for a few days, i defrosted them and cooked them.. and they didnt crumble not one bit!?!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

chilli con carni- no matte how much i like to make my own syn free stuff.. shwartz is the best, hands down

6. babybuffy84

babybuffy84 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.52%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i would say use eggs for the meatballs as its a good binder and yeah use chilli powder for your chilli :)

7. Tracie Green

Tracie Green Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i dont bother using breadcrumbs no. i love my meatballs, all they cnsist of is lea mince meat, 1 egg, onions,garlic, cayene pepper, salt and pepper, and sometimes chilli flakes. i was watching a cookery programme the other day and they reccomended adding a little water to keep the eatballs moist, i tried this out and it really does wor as sometimes they can be a little dry after cooking... defo worth a go!!! and syn free!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.