Meatballs, chilli concarne n pasta

Carlz1983

Party Girl
Hi there! Making meatballs this week with beef, jamie oliver says u need to have breadcrumbs in them to stick, is that right?

Also any ideas on making chilli con carne nice? It says crush chilli seeds, can I not use chilli powder?

If you wana any yummy pasta sauce just shout ive developing them with a catering company at the moment only made from veg and herbs! Loving them but need to start having more red days.

Hi
I never put breadcrumbs in my meatballs. I do sometimes use a bit of parmesan from my HEXA allowance though... and what I find works really well (same with burgers) is to shape them in advance and chill them for a good hour before you need them. They tend to hold their shape a bit better.

And chilli powder would work just as well in a chilli con carne, just be careful - I find it easier to overspice with powder rather than crushed chillies!!

Haha thanks I could defo overspice my chilli! Might try the seeds. Thanks for the tip on cooling them before! :)

meatballs: xl mince, 1 egg, 1 red onion, steak seasoning, salt pepper. MIx and smush into small balls, put on plate and cover, freeze for one night and defrost the next day ready to cook. This is the BEST way to make them super doober stay together, but i find without freezeing works just fine too.. (i only know about the freezing as i pre-made mine then changed my mind and had them frozen them for a few days, i defrosted them and cooked them.. and they didnt crumble not one bit!?!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

chilli con carni- no matte how much i like to make my own syn free stuff.. shwartz is the best, hands down

i dont bother using breadcrumbs no. i love my meatballs, all they cnsist of is lea mince meat, 1 egg, onions,garlic, cayene pepper, salt and pepper, and sometimes chilli flakes. i was watching a cookery programme the other day and they reccomended adding a little water to keep the eatballs moist, i tried this out and it really does wor as sometimes they can be a little dry after cooking... defo worth a go!!! and syn free!!!!

Back