Meats and fish allowed on Atkins?

louiser

Trying very hard!
Hiya,

I have been following exante and getting on really well.

I have been adding meals as and when and enjoying that.

I am eating protein and veg / salad. I was wondering what sorts of meat go down well on atkins? Is there anything that should be avoided?

I like fish and I really like smoked salmon, is this a no-no?

Many thanks,

Louise x

Any meat is OK on Atkins, anything natural (ie, not processed). The only one that catches a few people out is sausages sometimes - they have carbs in them. Chicken, fish, steak, lamb, duck, whatever you like. Salmon is perfectly fine and even strongly recommended for the fish oils. Fat is also OK on any meat you eat, chicken skin, that layer of fat you get on pork chops etc.. all good on Atkins.

louiser said:
Hiya,

I have been following exante and getting on really well.

I have been adding meals as and when and enjoying that.

I am eating protein and veg / salad. I was wondering what sorts of meat go down well on atkins? Is there anything that should be avoided?

I like fish and I really like smoked salmon, is this a no-no?

Many thanks,

Louise x

Can u eat the chicken u put in sand
Wich like ham or rost chicken cause I buy them also can you eat the sauges that are in a pack

Yes you can but it's not really recommended in any quantity because a lot of the sandwich meats contain added protein to bulk them out so the shop makes more money. Check the carb count on the sandwich meat packet, it is usually only the expensive ones which don't have added carbs. Make sure you count the carbs as part of your allowance. The same thing with the sausages really, check the packets.

losingit said:
Yes you can but it's not really recommended in any quantity because a lot of the sandwich meats contain added protein to bulk them out so the shop makes more money. Check the carb count on the sandwich meat packet, it is usually only the expensive ones which don't have added carbs. Make sure you count the carbs as part of your allowance. The same thing with the sausages really, check the packets.

Thanks Hun can you go on induction for more then two weeks and can u give me an idea meal I can have on induction and how much have you lost on akins

Yeah, you can do induction for as long as you like, right to near your goal weight if you like, but most people stop after a few weeks because induction can be a bit too restrictive.

I've lost around 26lbs so far, started in January.

losingit said:
Yeah, you can do induction for as long as you like, right to near your goal weight if you like, but most people stop after a few weeks because induction can be a bit too restrictive.

I've lost around 26lbs so far, started in January.

Is it ok to have a Akins bar everyday on induction

You can eat as much as you want within the guidelines, yes.

No, don't have an Atkins bar every day in induction, save the bars for after induction as they slow loss down for many people (or eat them but accept that your loss will likely be slower).

Back