Medea and re-feeding

Medea

Is Irrepressible!! : )
Well, as I have completed 3 days of re-feed, I thought I write what I have been having!

I am sticking to day one re-feed plan for this week. The reason for this is due to my work pattern and the fact that you can't have 'proper' breakfast until day 4- it would mean that I would have to have salad and protein for breakfast! I wasn't going to do that- but as I am on holiday next week, I will step up a gear then.

So Day one:
Breakfast: Caramel bar
Dinner: Salad and quorn pieces
Supper: Choc whip (made with light soya milk)

The thing is the choc whip didn't set- I can only assume this is due to the soya milk. It was ok though :D

Day two:
Breakfast: Caramel bar
Dinner: Salad with tuna and red onion and balsamic vinegar (lush, lush, lush- just added the balsamic to the tuna and red onion. Mmmmmm)
Supper: Caramel bar (due to being at Gem's house til late- see piccie to witness our mad half hour!)

Day Three:
Same as Day two. Had another caramel bar for supper as we went to the cinema straight after work. Go and watch Burn after Reading- it is hilarious! I was almost crying from laughing so much.

I have found that I can't eat all of my dinner. A whole can of tuna drained weighs just under 4oz- and I can't even eat that much! I stop eating and if I need to, I have the rest slightly later. Not sure if you're supposed to, but according to my scales (yes I know- I shouldn't look) I haven't gained any weight. I am also drinking at least 3lts per day, if not a bit more. I really want to keep the dreaded water retention at bay!

xxx

Wow Medea, that sounds soooo yummy! I cant wait for my tuna,red onion and balsamic vinegar. I probably have about another week on the TFR to make me truly happy, but tomorrow i intend having a meal with my family in the evening to honour mums life etc. Which i know wont hurt as i am so close to my target weight, but your week so far sounds de lish. How did you find it in you were now allowed food, did it make you want to try everything all at once?

Not sure how to put this....

Because I still have weight to lose- I am being very restrained. I guess this will have to be something I follow for the rest of my days! I have stuck to it rigidly, like you would on LT. Last night when we went to the cinema, my partner got popcorn. Whilst I was on LT it wasn't a problem as I couldn't have it, whereas last night I thought- I could have one bit, but I didn't as I won't be introducing carbs just yet. I suppose it is about discipline- as a military man you should find it easy ;)

I haven't been tempted to binge because that would undo all my hard work and determination, nor have I been tempted to eat anything other than what I am allowed (apart from the popcorn last night!). Once you start re-feed it is all down to you really. I hope the family meal goes well for you tomorrow- given the circumstances- but just a little bit of advice, don't go eating spuds or bread as you may find going into your last week on TFR impossible, but its your choice matey! xxx

Last edited:
Your spot on. I wouldnt let myself binge again, i never want to go back to the old me. When i start my refeed i will follow the menus to the letter of the law, until i know i am happy. I feel i have been given a second chance with life and dont intend to spoil it again. Roger that about the spuds and bread!
You have done fantastic on your weight loss btw!

So have you! Your pictures are amazing and you must feel very proud of yourself. I think that is something that we all have to feel. I know that pride is one of the seven deadly sins- but unless we do feel proud, we will end up back at square one... and I sure as hell won't be going back there again (considering how much I have spent on a new wardrobe :D)

Day 4 was a bit of a weird one for me. I felt really hungry by the time I got home. Again, I wasn't able to eat all my tuna or salad at lunch time, but ate the rest when I got home and had another choc whip. This time I made it with skimmed milk (as suggested) and it did set a little better.

For breakfast I had the orange creme drink- but as I had lost the info on how to make it, I'm not sure if I did it properly. I made it with water...but something tells me maybe it should have been milk as it didn't feel like I had eaten anything at all. As I said above, by the end of the evening I was really hungry, so I was a bit naughty :eek:
I had another maintenance bar!! Well, half of it anyway. I felt much better afterwards! I think I should be ok with that- at least I didn't go for a choccy or anything!

Oh well, it could come and bite me in the bum but it sorted me out xxx

Back