Medical at work

beginner

Hi Lads,
Fairly new here - have to say the level of support ye show each other is very encouraging. I have a quick question . I will be finished my first week this saturday coming and will be continuing it for a few weeks more. The following week on Tuesday i have a company medical, the usual bloods tests ext, blood press - Will doing this diet give negative results and make it look like there's something wrong with my blod counts/bp ect??

Last edited:
Hello beginner and welcome to the forum. I am afraid I don't know the answer to your question but I would be very interested in this too as I'll be in the same position in a few weeks.

I am off to the pharmacist in a couple of hours and will ask him as well and let you know x

hi and welcome .
re having tests I had quite a few done while on cambridge diet and all gave me a clean bill of health so dont worry.Think porgeous had a medical at work and passed with flying colours while on cambridge too.Enjoy your journeyxx

Im a nurse and by what i can figure out it shouldn't make any significant changes in a blood test at all. Of course if they do a urine test it might come up with high in ketones or glucose but u can explain that :)

thanks lads,
Yep will have urine test also, would they actually be testing in general or only pick up on state of ketosis if testing specifically for it, litt bit embarased telling people about this diet, most reactions are negative, main reason for this post was would i tell nurse before medical or not bother it nothing show up on it?

I don't want to tell work either! My BP has been low on the diet so I hope it has settled in a few weeks!

hi and welcome .
re having tests I had quite a few done while on cambridge diet and all gave me a clean bill of health so dont worry.Think porgeous had a medical at work and passed with flying colours while on cambridge too.Enjoy your journeyxx

what exactly is cambridge diet - does this involve body in a state of ketosis also - as we are on topic, does atkins involve the same>

If this was me i wouldn't tell them unless it came up. Usual 'normal' urine testing is for protein and that shouldn't change having been on this. If you don't want the Ketones / Glucose to show up on a dipstick urine test then yo could always drink plenty of water to dilute them before you go :)

from what it looks like you have the answers you want ifr not phone lipotrim direct they are so helpfull. also welcome to the group hope to see you alot more on the boards. xxxx

Cambridge Diet is basically the same as Lt -more flavours and every four weeks you add a meal per day for a week. Atkins also involves ketosis. As has already been advised I would beat the water into you to dilute the ketones and hopefuly you'll be ok. The body can secrete ketones even when you simply haven't eaten and have been active so you could explain it that way 'I've been too busy and haven't eaten yet' kind of thing.

Good luck with the medical AND LT!! Hope to see more from you! :D

Welcome and good luck with the medical. I find that I rarely show ketones in my urine - even first thing in the morning! - so keep drinking the water. Your BP maybe a bit low but that is better than too high! Other than that, you'll be fine!

Get yourself a ticker so you can see how well you are doing, just follow the instructions on the sticky!

x

Back