Meh...

Phoenix_Girl

Had a gain over Christmas, my biggest yet and I am concerned that this may be the beginning of a backslide.
I still have NYE to get through and it's going to be a heavy alcohol one.

I know exactly where the gain came from and my own inactivity is responsible. If I had been more assertive over the preparations etc. for Christmas, I probably wouldn't have put so much on.
I am aware of not beating myself up, that this is done and the past cannot be changed.

The rational, scientifically trained side of my brain says that I can plan next year to make something more yummy, made with love and less fat.

I am saving my syns for Wednesday night and going Syn-free for the rest of the week. I'll be taking a non-alcoholic bottle of soft drink with me so I can do the "every other" rule for my drinks so I don't completely blow it and will stock up on speed foods to minimise gains.

I have been planning to go to the gym for ages but I this has spurred me on to go back and have fun there again (I really did miss it). I'm signing up this week.

The emotional side of my brain is going a little bit loopy, screaming "it's not fair" and it's currently making me feel a tad crappy atm.

Anyone got any sort of coping strategies for me or any advice on how to keep my mood up?

Hi Phoenix just look at how far you have come in a year (going by your stats) that's an amazing achievement and the whole point of slimming world is that it's for life so there are always gonna be times when you go off plan. It's learning to deal with these hurdles now that will make it natural for you once you are at target.

Well done for how much you ahave achieved so far!!!!

I'd say flexisyn NYE, and still have at least 5 syns per day for the rest of the week and try to get in some Body Magic if you can. New Year; New Start - and even the new SP plan to give things a bit of a boost if you feel like it. None of my 'skinny' friends has stayed the same size over the Xmas period either. It's the way things go - please don't feel badly about it. Your negative feelings towards yourself are likely to do much more damage than those extra pounds. It sounds like you're ready to get back on track, and even looking forward to the exercise and healthy food - chin up :) x

Thanks Guys.

New Year is now over and surprisingly, my Body had put the brakes on after 4 drinks as I committed the mortal sin of drinking both drinks made from grain and drinks made from grape.
Felt a little nauseated so I sipped water for the rest of the evening. After a little sleep, I declined the greasy breakfast on a white bun for an omelette made with lean Ham.
Managed to follow EE SP for most of the week and weigh-n last night said it paid off, I lost 4 and a half pounds so that's the Christmas pudge plus a little bit more which has been shipped off, thank goodness.

I had given myself an allowance of 40 Syns for Drinks (about 8 drinks where I may have over-counted Syns on drinks) but hadn't used half of those. I ate before going out so I felt fully in control, sandwiches, nuts, sweets and various baked goods (or baked bad's in my case) were on offer so I dodged those easily :D

As for photos, I believe I managed to dodge most of them by wither being behind the camera or dodging the gaze of the lens like a ninja! XD

Back