Melbourne Slimmer

slimming_kiwi_

Hi Everyone,

Iv battled my weight for most of my life and I have come to the stage in life where I really need to pull my head out. I turned down a bypass to try diet and exercise one last time.

Iv been vegan for over 4 years, however I even managed to find ways around eating a "healthy " vegan diet. Recently I brought a ebook from my favourite vegan online influences and almost every single recipe is syn free. So I now have the building blocks for something amazing.

Food has always been a way that I punished myself. I have eaten myself to this size to avoid taking responsibility for the problems I have with connecting with people.
Feel anxious - eat.
Feel depressed - eat.
Bored - eat.
Lonely - eat.
Self conscious - eat.

Very nervous and trying to keep my head up. Day number 2 and the worst thing I have had so far is a 390ml diet coke. finger crossed this time.

Welcome,SK. Good morning! There are some others who will look forward to hearing about some of yr recipes on the SW forum here. Post as many times a day as will help you.
I recommend writing a long list of other things to do - like have a bath, paint yr nails, write yr journal, play with yr neighbour's dog, etc - try and get to 50 things - and then do one whenever you'd previously have eaten. Good luck!

Hi Everyone,

Iv battled my weight for most of my life and I have come to the stage in life where I really need to pull my head out. I turned down a bypass to try diet and exercise one last time.

Iv been vegan for over 4 years, however I even managed to find ways around eating a "healthy " vegan diet. Recently I brought a ebook from my favourite vegan online influences and almost every single recipe is syn free. So I now have the building blocks for something amazing.

Food has always been a way that I punished myself. I have eaten myself to this size to avoid taking responsibility for the problems I have with connecting with people.
Feel anxious - eat.
Feel depressed - eat.
Bored - eat.
Lonely - eat.
Self conscious - eat.

Very nervous and trying to keep my head up. Day number 2 and the worst thing I have had so far is a 390ml diet coke. finger crossed this time.

You are really brave to post this and should be very proud. I am a new slimmer too, you can do it!

Hi welcome to the group, there is a lot of support and inspirational stories on here, I would take a nosy around, you will see most have struggles with their weight loss but what is apparent is that even with the hurdles there has been some fantastic achievements as well. You are not alone on here, post your progress, the good, the bad and the downright ugly, the process of recording can be very therapeutic too!!! I wish you well and lots of luck as you embrace the next stage :):):)

Back