Melissa's Big 30th Slimdown

melissajayne83

Have decided to start a diary to (hopefully) keep me on track during my mission to slim down before my 30th birthday in april!!!

Joined minimins back in 2011 and very quickly managed to shift a stone and a half -a stone of which i have managed to keep off. But i originally wanted to get to 9st and since the first stone and a half i have gone up and down the scales more times than i care to remember and have battled with binge eating which leads to fatigue and depression :(

At the start of 2012 i vowed to get to goal by september in time for my holiday to Tennessee and Las Vegas.........and failed! So after a good 8 months of to-ing and fro-ing and being VERY disheartened i took a month off thinking about (most of which i was away!)Unfortunately while i was away i didn't feel comfortable at all and although it didn't ruin my fun i still hated looking in the mirror and avoided the camera. Just kept thinking i couled be at goal and happy if i hadn't made so many excuses.

So here i am with a teeny 4lb gain ( amazing really ;)) and ready to get started on getting to goal!!! Have 27lbs to go and will be weighing on sundays. MFP has set me 1480cals to lose 1lb a week and i will be avoiding alcohol for a while because it always always throws me off track :D

Really excited to get going and am goin to focus 100% with no obstacles in my way for a while (at the moment!!!)

xx

melissajayne83 said:
Have decided to start a diary to (hopefully) keep me on track during my mission to slim down before my 30th birthday in april!!!

Joined minimins back in 2011 and very quickly managed to shift a stone and a half -a stone of which i have managed to keep off. But i originally wanted to get to 9st and since the first stone and a half i have gone up and down the scales more times than i care to remember and have battled with binge eating which leads to fatigue and depression :(

At the start of 2012 i vowed to get to goal by september in time for my holiday to Tennessee and Las Vegas.........and failed! So after a good 8 months of to-ing and fro-ing and being VERY disheartened i took a month off thinking about (most of which i was away!)Unfortunately while i was away i didn't feel comfortable at all and although it didn't ruin my fun i still hated looking in the mirror and avoided the camera. Just kept thinking i couled be at goal and happy if i hadn't made so many excuses.

So here i am with a teeny 4lb gain ( amazing really ;)) and ready to get started on getting to goal!!! Have 27lbs to go and will be weighing on sundays. MFP has set me 1480cals to lose 1lb a week and i will be avoiding alcohol for a while because it always always throws me off track :D

Really excited to get going and am goin to focus 100% with no obstacles in my way for a while (at the moment!!!)

xx

Good look ill be following. I also weigh in on a Sunday and am trying not to drink everything goes out the window when I do! Xx

after falling asleep at 5am and having to force myself to get up at 10am (damn you jet lag!!!) i've been very tired and woozy again today so calorie counting seemed like far too much hard work. I have only had the basic 3 meals today though with no mindless snacking in between-a major achievement for me!!!

just using my hunger as a guide i'm eating 3 medium size meals about every 4 hours, no snacks at all and plenty of water :) will continue with this until weigh in so i can ride out my body clock issues then onto my MFP allowance then. Kinda feeling slimmer already so fingers crossed!!!!

B/fast: grilled bacon sandwich on low cal bread

Lunch: low fat prawn mayo sandwich and small pkt crisps

Dinner: ww lasagne and handful of oven chips

Not ideal health wise but if i can get through this week with no alcohol and no binging i will have had a good week. Meal out and then pub for my hubby's birthday on friday night but my will power is super strong atm so bring it on ;)

xx

feel like ive eaten more today but i don't suppose i have but i've been less active due to not having work until this evening! had my breakfast and lunch but not really hungry for dinner so will have hald a portion now and save myslf some for when i get home from work at 1130. I'm always hungry then so instead of eating twice as much i will split it. Genius!!!!!

Just gotta get through a 6 hour shift without nibbling...........i hope it's busy :)

Went out last night for a meal and drinks for hubby's b'day.........and not a drop of alcohol touched my lips!!!!!!!! :D

Rather pleased with myself and am up feeling great ready for work- can't say the same for hubby ;)

WI tomorrow so hope i can have another good day today annd see a decent result in the morning. Have the house to myself this evening so can eat what i've planned with no temptation and get an early night.........god i'm old!!!!!

As much as i was glad i had a sober night i do find it a bit boring which i suppose is the point of pubs. If they were fun without alcohol they'd be out of business hehehe! Just when your best friend has repeated herself for the 4th time,someone is crying cos they fell out with someone else, middle aged men have started trying to break dance etc etc it gets a bit farcical :) but that's life i guess!!!!!

Looking forward to WI can't believe i've gone all week without sneaking on the scales........never managed it before!!!!

xx

Having a really good week so far :D have been under cals every day and am finding it rather easy to stay on track -happy days!!!!!

As fridays are my only day off i've decided to have a few extra cals so i can have a takeaway. will aim for maintenance so too much damage won't be done but it will give me something to look forward too. Obviously if my losses suffer i'll cut it out!!

xx

Have now joined ww as i wasn't following cc properly so obviously not losing!!! think i neede the accountability of a meeting so as i've never tried it before i though it'd give me a good a chance as any :)

Good luck to everyone on this section x

Back