Mellow2804 says hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mellow2804, 21 August 2009 Social URL.

1. mellow2804

mellow2804 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Gastric Bypass (RNY)
    Hi everyone!

My name is Sandra and I am from Vienna, Austria.
    I enjoy reading all the valuable information in this forum!!

I started Atkins Phase one 3 weeks ago and so far I lost around 10-12 lbs in the first weeks.
    Last week I stalled, but this week 1 gained 2 lbs :mad:
    I am currently trying to find out what the problem is, try to leaving out cheese and caffeine..
    On Tuesday I will have my thyroid checked once again (2 years ago they said it was ok).

My parents are both heavily overweight. In my childhood I was underweight but as soon as I hit puberty I "exploded" like popcorn and gained 30 lbs in a year.
    I was a fat teenager.
    When I was eighteen, my weight was almost normal, as far as I remember I did the herbalife diet for some months.
    But from 20 years on I gained and gained and gained...

In 2006, I joined WW, the first 3 months I lost 20 lbs, then 2-3 months I stalled, and then I gained again!! This was sooo frustrating and I quit.
    Since then I have gained 60 pounds.

Now Atkins seemd to me as the last resort. And even that doesn't work for me.... I will keep to the program and will try to watch what I eat even more strictly.
    But to be honest: not much hope left...
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Great to have someone from Austria. Good luck with Atkins

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.