Memory foam mattresses

skinnycookietobe

Hi everyone,

Hope your all well.

Im just wondering does anyone have a memory foam mattress? Are they any good? And what is a good make and average price region. Need a new mattress yesterday. :):confused:

I have a tempur mattress which I bought when I started to have back problems. I love it and can't imagine sleeping on a normal mattress now. I bought it in 2006 for about £1000. My sister loved it and recently bought one but had to get a different make as the tempur mattresses have doubled in price. Not sure what make it was but it was still about £1000.

We have kind of a memory foam bed. It basically has spring in individual pockets and a thick memory foam on top. We bought it 6 years ago for around £400 at the time and it's still as good as new! Best of both worlds :)

i definatly advise the mattresses that ARNT 100% memory foam i personally found them ridiculously uncomfortably i used to have a full one and as it supposed do it does mould to the shape of your body-which is fine unless your a shuffler like me! i move from my front to back to facing one side to the other im terrible and what happened was once i moved all i could feel was the indent from my previous position and there quite hard aswell i know that sounds odd but they are, now i have a 70% sprung mattress with 30% memory foam top you get the support of springs without them sticking in your back as you have the lovely squidgy foam on top but it springs back alot quicker once its moulded you as there is less of it! and there a fraction of a price of the 100% ones i got mine from a discount bed shop with my bed frame also mine is a king and cost with the frame £550 so maybe get one for a double 2-300? hope that helps x

check ebay!! cant go wrong with the 'bay lol x

Back