Men Doing Slimming World

Best of luck with your weigh in today then mate, i have mine on Saturday and hoping for a good loss this week after being ill last week.

Fingers crossed for everyone :)

Hey guys. Good to hear others comparing their info on exercise. I've been mainly out walking loads, swimming and a bootcamp DVD (biggest loser) today I went for it all started with swimming then bootcamp then a 3 mile walk then core 20. First time I tried core 20 today, and man am I gonna be sore tomorrow. At one point I felt like that guy from alien where the thing rips outta his stomach... The coach doing the core 20... She's hot but man what a sadistic ***** she is.!!! Lol today is what I call "last chance workout" cos it's weigh in tomorrow.

Only a 1lb loss this week... Don't really know how to feel about that but hey a loss is a loss. Good luck guys for your weigh in

Well if you are still acheing from your work outs mate you may well find that you have water retention in your muscles which would explain the lack of weight loss but you have probably lost inches around your body

Only a 1lb loss this week... Don't really know how to feel about that but hey a loss is a loss. Good luck guys for your weigh in

I was thinking that myself. Not letting it put me off, still gonna press on. :)

Definitely, remember, a good week is never wasted, it WILL show, I've only averaged 1.38lbs a weeks and now the total is 34.5lbs 6 months later, we're all impatient and want it gone yesterday but keep going, you're doing brill and exercise has huge benefits all round.

hi im a long time swer(stop start stop start stop) im looking at getting bak into it i lost over 3 stone in less than 3 months with the diet and a walk here and there a few yeers ago so i know it works and i know it works well ... so hopefully i can get me head in the game and you will be seein more of me ...be good to share advice

I'm waiting to see what my day off is for next week so I can book my induction to the gym. I'm excited and a bit weary at the same time... I've been trying for ages to get someone to go with me with no luck so I've decided to take the bull by the horns and go for it myself. The way I'm thinking is were all there for the sane reason, right?

defoo mate tbh youre better going alone less talking more work and i used to think like that and then when you get there there all either to busy working out or gorping at all da fit people so dont worry about it i used to go and there was a guy on treadmill but he was funny he ddnt run he danced at full pelt was mad lol dont worry about other people it will do you the world of good

Welcoem back then Mike, nice to have a veteran to turn to for advise :)

hi im a long time swer(stop start stop start stop) im looking at getting bak into it i lost over 3 stone in less than 3 months with the diet and a walk here and there a few yeers ago so i know it works and i know it works well ... so hopefully i can get me head in the game and you will be seein more of me ...be good to share advice

for the past couple of years i have basicly done a week or 2 hit a hurdle left for 3 4 weeks and then started again and then in end just decided not to do sw for a few months until im mentally ready as i was doing myself or my wallet no favors ...some of the problem is woring in a kfc another is the financial side of all the fresh food with a crappy wage but now having the break i think im ready although i need to dig out me books so im not rusty

Down another 3lbs this week :)

Mikey, we have started doing our fresh food shopping at Aldi and Lidl. Amazing how much you can actuallty save by doing this. A few examples : 6 tomatoes 69p Aldi, average of £1.29 & up elsewhere, Pineapples 69-89p against £1.69, cucumbers, apples, carrrots, mangoes, grapes all at least a third cheaper as well. They also do the big jars of pickles, I am really into the beetroot, and the gherkins, also got some pickled eggs last week all cheaper than elsewhere. Do agree about the cost though, eating healthy shouldn't cost more than eating the junk - which is in the main why I was where I was.

Going to try 20 mins on the jogger tonight, target of 3500 meters will see how I get on.

Congrats on your loss mate :)

Mikey, we have started doing our fresh food shopping at Aldi and Lidl. Amazing how much you can actuallty save by doing this. A few examples : 6 tomatoes 69p Aldi, average of £1.29 & up elsewhere, Pineapples 69-89p against £1.69, cucumbers, apples, carrrots, mangoes, grapes all at least a third cheaper as well. They also do the big jars of pickles, I am really into the beetroot, and the gherkins, also got some pickled eggs last week all cheaper than elsewhere. Do agree about the cost though, eating healthy shouldn't cost more than eating the junk - which is in the main why I was where I was.

Going to try 20 mins on the jogger tonight, target of 3500 meters will see how I get on.

well done on the loss mate. yeah i will shop around and like you i love pickles gherkins beetroot cud eet it all day haha in fact i used to.just gonna go back to basics its like i work in kfc full time so i normally have temptation...zinger burger. tonight i did what i did in the past ...i have the grilled chicken rancher in salad with beans on loads of salad..take a yogurt and a piece of fruit im sorted lol did it tonight and i was alright havent eaten enough i dont think but when your busy you dont think about it lol

day 1
breakfast egg on toast (b)
snack muller lite cherry greek(0.5) tin tuna (had no shopping in wiv a bit of pepper and vinegar went down well took me about half hour to eat but hit the spot)and a banana
tea large kfc beans on rancher(grilled bbq chicken) on a big salad with a coconut yogurt (0.5) apple and then walking home at midnight i ate my snack ajacks (maybe 4syns not sure)
so not really enough gonna go and make a muller milkshake get me a down me neck dat way plenty calcium in there

Hi All.
I have been on SW for the last year and I have found that when I exercise that week, I loose only a small amount.
If you plan a food diary menu for the week you can save money on food costs.
Example= 10 rashers of bacon pack= 3 meals.......4 rashes x2 people, bacon & eggs....4 rashes x2 people, wrap the chicken for hunters chicken...2 rashes x2 people, part of the big breakfast!
look out for deals in the supermarket, 4 x 410g Branston beans =£1-00....12 tins of chopped tomatoes=£3-00...
Pete

We've found the weekly shop has gone up (a lot) and fresh fruit and veg certainly adds up.

BUT think about what you save in other ways. I used to buy a sarnie and a pasty every day at work, bit of chocolate in the afternoon, maybe 3 takeaways a week, bit of cake for pudding from the local shop etc, etc.

It's a bit of a shock at the supermarket but that's pretty much everything we spend on food all week, just all in one hit.

yeah i forgot how nice the food could be ive just had a bed of spniach leaves and baby lamb lettuce with picollo cherry tomatoes...topped with 4 mushrooms sand 2 pork loin steaks cooked similar to diet coke chicken..i just cook me pork and mushrooms add a bit of pepsi max ketchup and chinese spice and a dash worcester sauce ...costs a bit but alot better for me i suppose and it was all cheap to but aswel the lettuce was 1 pound for a sdmall bag or 2 for 1pound so i got spinach with it and the cherry toms are a pound a pack so not bad considering my tea time will be working all week so will just be having chicken beans and salad in work shouldnt be to bad

I put 1lb on this week :-(
Just about to hit the gym this morning for my induction... Fingers crossed it goes well.

Back