Men Doing Slimming World

the gym went brilliantly... cant wait to go again.... met a fella there who has lost 14 1/2 stone. he goes to the gym twice a day... such an inspiration.

We've found the weekly shop has gone up (a lot) and fresh fruit and veg certainly adds up.

BUT think about what you save in other ways. I used to buy a sarnie and a pasty every day at work, bit of chocolate in the afternoon, maybe 3 takeaways a week, bit of cake for pudding from the local shop etc, etc.

It's a bit of a shock at the supermarket but that's pretty much everything we spend on food all week, just all in one hit.

I too have found my grocery bills have gone up, but all the other stuff has stopped fully. No meal deals from the shell garage, no 2 for £1.80 bottles of coke from tescos, no late night kebabs, mid afternoon fish and chips (okay, im beginning to drool now) so overall a reduction.

What i buy is much better and cheaper for good food. I shake my head in disgust thinking of all the nasty transfats and fillers that go into foods unnecessarily. Its a learning experience making them yourself, realising that they taste just as good, and they arent making you put on weight.

Hi All.
Lost another 2.5lbs this week! only 1.5lbs to my new target, must get it for next week, Man of the year contest, would be a nice double if possible I have been doing the body magic for the last 3 weeks so if I can get that then a bronze award as well! Then comes the hard part, maintaining..... good luck to you all.
Pete

mikey.c123 said:
what does he do in these is he muscular or??

He's still a big lad but he must of been even bigger. He told me he goes twice a day and I heard him tell some one he had been there from 7.30am and this was at 10am. He said he done gym, swimming walking the dog and ju jitsu which he is now a black belt in. Such determination.

He's still a big lad but he must of been even bigger. He told me he goes twice a day and I heard him tell some one he had been there from 7.30am and this was at 10am. He said he done gym, swimming walking the dog and ju jitsu which he is now a black belt in. Such determination.

wish i had the time to do all that would be amaxzing what a fella

Hi Guys, well done to you all for keeping at it. Am mucho impressed with the gym-work. Not something I can get into, so I'll stick with golf, I think!

Noticed someone mentioned 'late night kebab' - have you seen the SW kebab recipe? Have made it a couple of times, goes down well with everyone and isn't half bad, considering it is on plan (extra easy, certainly)! Have popped below for convenience. I use lamb neck fillet as it is super-low in fat, I can trim it too, before I mince it. Have also tried with minced turkey fillets. Not bad but not as much flavour.:

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb very lean lamb mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

Hi Guys, well done to you all for keeping at it. Am mucho impressed with the gym-work. Not something I can get into, so I'll stick with golf, I think!

Noticed someone mentioned 'late night kebab' - have you seen the SW kebab recipe? Have made it a couple of times, goes down well with everyone and isn't half bad, considering it is on plan (extra easy, certainly)! Have popped below for convenience. I use lamb neck fillet as it is super-low in fat, I can trim it too, before I mince it. Have also tried with minced turkey fillets. Not bad but not as much flavour.:

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb very lean lamb mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

Isnt cumin the magic ingredient to donor kebabs?? to give the taste and smell?

well i have changed tactics ...i have added 3 protein shakes a day to my diet i am unsure wehter to syn them or just see how i go with them extra.. i lose weight easy but i want to lose fat something i dont think i did lose much of when i lost 3stone last time.im following the major principles of slimming world but with the protein aswel,, i did this because i did a killler bicep workout yesterday and my normally cannot move i added the extra protein yesterday and i was not even feeling it.if i work out i crave more food anyway so hopefully the protein is just fuelling muscles and stopping me picking at food late on what is youre thoughts obviously this will only work if i hit the weights hard most days otherwise the protein will be getting cut straight out and back to old plan

My sw consultant said that Protein shakes are about 10 syns each ...but then again you know you're body best and if you think it helps them I'd keep doing it...

Been at SW for 5 months now and lost 2.5stone and love it....I also noticed a big increase in the shopping ills but then cheaper food is generally not healthy so it'll be worth it in the end

there different syns on the nutritional value..mine are 6 ..i used them and my revoery time was doubled and my muslces seem to be harder than normal since yesterday... its trial and error i suppose

I never thought of a Protein shake. I've been to the gym twice from Friday, and supposed to go tomorrow morning before work, cardio and weights tomorrow, just cardio today (3 mile walk before work).

Hi Gazter

Hmmm...hadn't thought of cumin....will chuck a teaspoon in the next time I make this.....

Hi Gents,

Thought I would add into the thread.

I am a returner to SW after doing pretty well on it previously but having a little distraction recently.

I found that I was making far too many excuses for myself to head down to the gym (Money and time being the main ones) so I bought myself an stationary bike. I find I am much more likely to use this than go to the gym or go for a run as you can just hop on and watch a tv show which I find makes exercise much easier.

At the moment I am doing 10k twice a day (Which I can do within the 25 mins of an american comedy) or if I miss the morning session then I do 20k in the space of an american cop drama!

I'm still waiting for my first return to SW WI. I'll admit I have never been to the meetings and have always done it from Home. Have any of you had experience of the meetings and whilst I know the group will be friendly I am usually concerned I will be the only guy there?

Hi BrightonMark - well done for giving it a go again and for getting the bike!

I was the only guy at my group when I started (although my wife was there too). Lots of odd looks initially, then the comments like "aren't you brave, my other half wouldn't do this", but am now 'one of the group' and even get waved at in the street by other group members. Humour has helped me - when asked why I had joined I said "I only want one chin, be able to see my feet and have smaller breasts than my wife". MrsQ wasn't best pleased, but it got a good laugh!

Best of luck with it, not that you'll need it!

Hi BrightonMark - well done for giving it a go again and for getting the bike!

I was the only guy at my group when I started (although my wife was there too). Lots of odd looks initially, then the comments like "aren't you brave, my other half wouldn't do this", but am now 'one of the group' and even get waved at in the street by other group members. Humour has helped me - when asked why I had joined I said "I only want one chin, be able to see my feet and have smaller breasts than my wife". MrsQ wasn't best pleased, but it got a good laugh!

Best of luck with it, not that you'll need it!

It certainly helps if you have someone to go with, i joined up with three other friends. The lack of other men (one of the other people joining with me is male) could be slightly intimidating, but my group was quite welcoming especially the consultant. I have to day i do find the female obsession with chocolate quite bemusing. I like it, it is sweet and lovely to taste, but erm, that's it. But you get the impression that chocolate is the real absolute weakness that many female slimmers suffer from. They are either eating it or thinking about eating it.

Hi Guys,
Just recently joined Slimming World Online. Still getting my head around it all after being an on-again-off-again WW veteran. I'm hoping the change will do me good and it's also nice to see a thread for guys :)
Hoping to report a loss after my first week on-plan and I'm looking forward to the journey.
Ferg

hi fellas how yas all getting on?
my experinece of group was go in get weighed and leave .. but the odd occassion i did say the girls were friendly and helpful couldnt fault them they just know you are n the same boat and welcome you.I have changed my mind about the protein shakes for the time being i just cannot commit to working out on weights every day so therefore would be a waste of time,i know slimming world works f**k knows why i was debating changing it in the first place...ive had 2 very bad days this week and 2 days with 18 extra syns with the protein drinks but im still confident of a loss ill let you know thursday

Back