Men Doing Slimming World

Hey guys... Sorry to say but I have stopped doing slimming world now and have decide just to exercise and calorie count. Things for me just got really repetitive. Same food day in day out... I think I now despise bacon...
Thanks again for all the support from everyone.
Maybe I'll be back in the future but for the time being I just don't think slimming world is for me.

That's a shame davytah - have found plenty of variety myself (quite frankly, the only reason I have stuck to it for so long) but wish you every success in future.

Hey guys... Sorry to say but I have stopped doing slimming world now and have decide just to exercise and calorie count. Things for me just got really repetitive. Same food day in day out... I think I now despise bacon...
Thanks again for all the support from everyone.
Maybe I'll be back in the future but for the time being I just don't think slimming world is for me.

Thats a shame since you have had pretty good weight loss. If the diet has done anything though it has given you the bug to change. :)

Cheers guys... Def got the bug for fitness and cutting down I just don't think now is the time for me and slimming world... Done well the first few weeks then I fell into the repeatitive meals and that led to boredom with meals which led to getting stuck into the sweets.

I wish you the best of luck but i have to say i dont understand how you found the food repetetive as there are so many different recipes you can have on slimming world, you should have checked out the recipe page here and also bought some of the books from your consultant.

But anyway hope it works out for you!

davytah said:
Cheers guys... Def got the bug for fitness and cutting down I just don't think now is the time for me and slimming world... Done well the first few weeks then I fell into the repeatitive meals and that led to boredom with meals which led to getting stuck into the sweets.

*puts on gruff voice in hope of sneaking in unnoticed*

What you said does not mean that Slimming World is not for you. The issue is not lack of variety or choice, there is a whole huge forum full of recipes a short click from here that could keep you from getting bored for YEARS. You have three different plans to choose from each day. The possibilities are endless.

If I can be so bold and not be offensive, perhaps the problem is a little closer to home. If you have eaten bacon so much you are starting to hate it, then yes you need to introduce more variety. However, that involves you being proactive, and not just opting for the familiar, you have to actually sit and plan your food and your shopping for the week so that you have what you need to hand. Buy some freezer bags and make double portions, so that when you are short of time or don't fancy what you planned for, there's alternatives in the freezer that can be microwaved and thrown together.

Stick with it, if you give up on this without actually really seeing what it can do, and switch to calorie counting, you'll still be bored in a few weeks and looking for variety. The variety can be had a thousand fold here, with this plan, if you just put your mind to it.

*clears throat and sneaks back out*

MadameLaMinx said:
*puts on gruff voice in hope of sneaking in unnoticed*

What you said does not mean that Slimming World is not for you. The issue is not lack of variety or choice, there is a whole huge forum full of recipes a short click from here that could keep you from getting bored for YEARS. You have three different plans to choose from each day. The possibilities are endless.

If I can be so bold and not be offensive, perhaps the problem is a little closer to home. If you have eaten bacon so much you are starting to hate it, then yes you need to introduce more variety. However, that involves you being proactive, and not just opting for the familiar, you have to actually sit and plan your food and your shopping for the week so that you have what you need to hand. Buy some freezer bags and make double portions, so that when you are short of time or don't fancy what you planned for, there's alternatives in the freezer that can be microwaved and thrown together.

Stick with it, if you give up on this without actually really seeing what it can do, and switch to calorie counting, you'll still be bored in a few weeks and looking for variety. The variety can be had a thousand fold here, with this plan, if you just put your mind to it.

*clears throat and sneaks back out*

I completely get where you are coming from, its not the lack of variety of food it's the time it takes to prepare foods for the next day that was the problem... I work a job which is very demanding on my time not your typical 9-5 job, and when you've just finished a 12-13 hour shift (3-4 times a week) and coming in at 9.30-10.30 at night the last thing you wanna do it stand and prepare food for the next day. When I did do this when I had the time there was no problems with the diet but when I didn't get the chance to prepare it was the easier option of going to the shop next door and buying a packet of extra lean bacon and having that with scrambles eggs, which in the end was nearly every other day. As I said I know that the diet works for me just at this time it's not convenient for me to do.

Good man gazter! That's great going!

I've just sneaked under 14st, which means I'm now officially at TARGET! That said, think I'll work on at least another 7lb, maybe 1st. Feel good, but still have a bit of a 'beer gut'...getting smaller though!

Well i have been a bit shaky lately and didnt make it to weigh in last weekend, but am hoping to get my 4st award on Saturday fingers crossed although am finding it very hard at the moment as im in the middle of being made redundant so additional stress i could do without :(

Well i have been a bit shaky lately and didnt make it to weigh in last weekend, but am hoping to get my 4st award on Saturday fingers crossed although am finding it very hard at the moment as im in the middle of being made redundant so additional stress i could do without :(

How did you cope with the increase in week 14?

I would like to think i could grin through it, but i think would probably find it emotionally quite devastating, good come back the following week though !

Hi guys, how's it going? I'm a relative newbie having only started SW on extra easy 3 weeks ago. I'm also new to this forum and I'm looking for follow male SWers to talk to and share ideas, encouragement, tips, etc.
I have been carrying a lot of weight for years and have tried calorie counting before and always managed to lose a stone here or there only to get bored or quit and put it back on again but now I've hit 40 years of age I want it gone.
I weighed in for the 1st time 3 weeks ago after joining with my wife and was horrified to find I was 20st 3lbs. But after 3 weeks have lost 16lbs and I'm now 19st 1lb and I've been surprised how full Ive been feeling on this plan. Fingers crossed I can stick to it .

Hi Smeagol - (great name, BTW) - good to see you on here and well done for starting the plan!

1st tip is variety. Use this website, SW website and the SW magazine for recipes. WHen you get the hang of thinsg, you can then start adapting your own recipes too.
2nd - don't get down if you have a maintain or gain one week. Get back on the horse and have a great week the following week.
3rd - If you slip during the week and go over your syns, don't panic! Go back to plan for your next meal, or the next morning, rather than think "sod it" and wait until after your next weigh in.

All in all, shout if you're struggling with anything and enjoy the weight falling off.

Really suits me. Particularly flexible syns. I'm very flexible on the odd Friday night after work :)

Have you ever thought of using a slow cooker? You can prepare a meal when you get up , drop in the cooker and when you come home, it's done! There are lots of recipes on this forum for slow cookers.
I often prepare and start a meal when I get up and while having breakfast, it's cooking, then turning off and reheating when I return home. Curries are great, they taste better when reheated.......
Pete

how we all doing now lads?

Still going ok for me...Been a very busy few weeks (festivals ,wedding, parties, christening) so i had a bit of a yo-yo time of it (on-off-on-off)....but I'm back to basics now and have a few quiet weeks coming up so i hoping to get to target sooner rather than later

Back