Men Doing Slimming World

Any of you lads take the protein shakes to supplement your training?
I was thinking of starting but I wouldn't want it interfering with my losses...

I do but you have to syn them, it will all depend how you use your syns. The 2 i use are either 5 syns or 7.5 and i only use them for after weight training although they can be used stop hunger pangs to not that i use them for that.

I do but you have to syn them, it will all depend how you use your syns. The 2 i use are either 5 syns or 7.5 and i only use them for after weight training although they can be used stop hunger pangs to not that i use them for that.

So do you use the recoivery shakes or something else? What are the real benefits of them?

So do you use the recoivery shakes or something else? What are the real benefits of them?

I just use a protein blend as they have fast and slow releasing protein, it just feeds the muscles straight after weight training without having to eat food(good if its late at night). Ive been using either Nutrisport 90+ or Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion.

For the protein, i would assume it's a substitute for eating the necessary bulk of food to allow your body to build its muscles. Building muscle is not something your body does lightly it requires a lot of resources, and it's not its top priority. It will (as i understand it) only happen when your body is rich in energy.

From my very scant knowledge of the subject, to build muscle (and not get fat, and lose the definition) you go through a cycle. You bulk (feed your body with excess nutrition, which includes proteins, fats and carbs), during this stage you build large amounts of muscle and your fat percentage rockets as well. Then you go through a cut, where you reduce massively your intake to a level that burns up your fat percentage while not breaking down muscle. The percentage can vary between 20% and 10% during these stages.

If you tried to do slimming world without any modifications while bulking up, well, you just wont bulk up. You would need a separate stomach to eat enough of the food necessary to fuel you.

You can burn or you can bulk, but its really hard to get it just right in which you burn the fat and build the muscle at the same time without a very scientific approach to managing your energy requirements (this doesnt apply in regards to just getting nice and lean, just for building).

For the protein, i would assume it's a substitute for eating the necessary bulk of food to allow your body to build its muscles. Building muscle is not something your body does lightly it requires a lot of resources, and it's not its top priority. It will (as i understand it) only happen when your body is rich in energy.

From my very scant knowledge of the subject, to build muscle (and not get fat, and lose the definition) you go through a cycle. You bulk (feed your body with excess nutrition, which includes proteins, fats and carbs), during this stage you build large amounts of muscle and your fat percentage rockets as well. Then you go through a cut, where you reduce massively your intake to a level that burns up your fat percentage while not breaking down muscle. The percentage can vary between 20% and 10% during these stages.

If you tried to do slimming world without any modifications while bulking up, well, you just wont bulk up. You would need a separate stomach to eat enough of the food necessary to fuel you.

You can burn or you can bulk, but its really hard to get it just right in which you burn the fat and build the muscle at the same time without a very scientific approach to managing your energy requirements (this doesnt apply in regards to just getting nice and lean, just for building).

I think thats more of a body builders way if you are prepping for a contest well thats from what research ive done on the subject. Ive had great gains since ive started weight training and los loads of weight. Unless i have found a happy medium.

I think thats more of a body builders way if you are prepping for a contest well thats from what research ive done on the subject. Ive had great gains since ive started weight training and los loads of weight. Unless i have found a happy medium.

Living the dream!!!

Can you notice an apreciable difference in your strength and endurance?

Such an amazing difference in your photo! You look like a different person, totally gobsmacked to be honest. Very very well done! You should be so proud of what you have achieved. My husband has finally jumped on the S W bus and is doing well. He doesnt understand the plan, doesnt want to, but I am there to provide all the info and his meals for him. Its just when he goes away on business its difficult then. Again, congratulations on what you have achieved. I am going to show him your photo for added inspiration! :) :)

Yes think it comes down to laziness to be honest! But I'm not pushing it because I have had such a hard time convincing him to even jump onboard the S W bus! He is slowly coming round to the idea that its not all lettuce leaves and cottage cheese. He finishes every meal I cook and usually says something like "that was bob on, or I really enjoyed that"! :) :)

Good man gazter How's things going for you?

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Going very well, still going to class. Diamond Member (being at target for more than twelve months). Target can sometimes be tough. Im a lot happier with myself than i was a couple of years ago. I feel a new man :)

Going very well, still going to class. Diamond Member (being at target for more than twelve months). Target can sometimes be tough. Im a lot happier with myself than i was a couple of years ago. I feel a new man :)

Fair play to you. I'm still struggling to get to target but i hope to get it in the next few weeks....

Back