Mercury Babble

mercury21

Hi all,
started CD today and stumbled across minimins when looking to see what support was out there. Really hoping logging my journey will help me stick to this and ultimately get me back in control of my weight. I have had a good look round this site today and I am totally inspired by the posts.

So I plan to log my weight and thoughts each day - I think this will help me keep in touch with my feelings, highlight any 'red flags' and also remind me of the prgoress I have made.

Here goes..............

CD Day 1

Current Weight 15st 1lb

Have I stuck to totally to sole source today? - yes I have so far

Feeling? - rather miserable, 3 reasons for this - the realisation of the enormous task ahead of me :sigh: and secondly, spotting my BMI in my profile.........over 34!!!!!! Also, I am starving (no surprise there) I am trying to think exactly when the last time I was hungry in my life.................still thinking :rolleyes:

Hopes for tomorrow? - I want to be still SSing 100% - no cheating xx

mercury21 said:
Current Weight 15st 1lb

Feeling? - rather miserable, 3 reasons for this - the realisation of the enormous task ahead of me :sigh: and secondly, spotting my BMI in my profile.........over 34!!!!!! Also, I am starving (no surprise there) I am trying to think exactly when the last time I was hungry in my life.................still thinking :rolleyes:

Good luck with your journey.
I'm starting on 2nd May and I cannot wait!!
I'll look forward to reading your daily posts

Current Weight 15st 1lb

Hi hun. :welcome:

Well done on sticking with SS today. :happy096: I can still remember my first day and just how horrible it felt! The good news is that it'll never be that horrible again - promise. Tomorrow you'll need to keep yourself nice and busy but chances are you won't feel quite so bad. And then on day 3, you'll be on the cusp of ketosis and all of a sudden, it'll all feel a whole lot easier. I know you don't believe me right now - but it will. :)

I also promise you that if you stick with it, you'll be amazed by how quickly your BMI drops. Give it a month, and you'll be zooming towards 13 and a half stone - another month and you'll be twelve and a half stone. That's not long, is it? :D Well worth it.

Keep posting - come and write stuff down here whenever you need to. Don't worry about writing the right thing - tell it how it is! This is your space to be as honest as you want to be! And don't be shy - come over and visit the main forum and say hello! This is one of the friendliest forums I've ever been to - actually, scrub that, it is the friendliest - and folks here are really supportive, no matter what kind of day you're having!

Stay strong - you can do this - and it really does get easier!

Hi hun. :welcome:

Well done on sticking with SS today. :happy096: I can still remember my first day and just how horrible it felt! The good news is that it'll never be that horrible again - promise. Tomorrow you'll need to keep yourself nice and busy but chances are you won't feel quite so bad. And then on day 3, you'll be on the cusp of ketosis and all of a sudden, it'll all feel a whole lot easier. I know you don't believe me right now - but it will. :)

I also promise you that if you stick with it, you'll be amazed by how quickly your BMI drops. Give it a month, and you'll be zooming towards 13 and a half stone - another month and you'll be twelve and a half stone. That's not long, is it? :D Well worth it.

Keep posting - come and write stuff down here whenever you need to. Don't worry about writing the right thing - tell it how it is! This is your space to be as honest as you want to be! And don't be shy - come over and visit the main forum and say hello! This is one of the friendliest forums I've ever been to - actually, scrub that, it is the friendliest - and folks here are really supportive, no matter what kind of day you're having!

Stay strong - you can do this - and it really does get easier!
Lily - thank you very much for your post - I needed that, it will help me get through today x

Mecury, I wish you well on this journey. I re-started yesterday for the millonth time and I am on day 2 today. Alas I'm not in a position to inspire you but I can share with you what not to do! Don't give up! All the food that we may desire or feel we need will still be there for us at the end of our CD journey - well that's my mechansism for trying to stick to CD/SS 100% for the next 10 weeks or so!

Sending good positive vibes, go for it!

CD Day 2

Day __Weight _____Loss_____Total

1 ____15st 1
2 ____14st 13.5____-1.5 _____-1.5

Feeling: really pleased with may loss of 1.5lbs. Last night was torturous, watched as my husband tucked into a meal I had prepared. I had no problem preparing it (although if I am honest, I had to really think about not doing what I normally do of popping bits of ingredients in my mouth as I went along), but when he was eating it, I did feel overcome with longing - it smelt even more delicious than it should have. I DID NOT like feeling hungry last night - totally shocked me how it made me feel so desperate. I kept telling myself that nothing was going to happen to me - I've got enough fat to live off for the next few months!!!!!!

Goal: must stay 100% ss

Mecury, I wish you well on this journey. I re-started yesterday for the millonth time and I am on day 2 today. Alas I'm not in a position to inspire you but I can share with you what not to do! Don't give up! All the food that we may desire or feel we need will still be there for us at the end of our CD journey - well that's my mechansism for trying to stick to CD/SS 100% for the next 10 weeks or so!

Sending good positive vibes, go for it!

KIRA,

thank you so much for that - really get what you are saying.

Good positive vibes received and sending some of my own right back at you!!!! Let's both kiss goodbye to the fat - the best of luck to you on your restart. xxx

Morning Mecury! It's Day 3 for us! Wishing you well to get through day 3! We can do it! Let's get through today. My plan is to keep busy and distracted so I'm not thinking of food!

Morning Mecury! It's Day 3 for us! Wishing you well to get through day 3! We can do it! Let's get through today. My plan is to keep busy and distracted so I'm not thinking of food!

Agreed - I kept really busy yesterday and didn't even think of food in that time ........ a different story when I got home though - but I stuck to ssing - just kept telling myself in the evening that I had spent all day not even thinking about it so why give in now - it's all in my mind and habits!!!

Day 3 - I'm ready

______Start_______ Day_________

1 ____15st 1
3_____14st 9.5_____-4______ -5.5

Feeling: WOOHOO!!!! amazing - that's 5.5 pounds in 2 DAYS!!! (unless scales are broken :eek: ....gulp). Yesterday was hard but kept myself busy and that really made a difference. I hadn't realised how close people get to your face all day - only noticed this because I have become very aware of my witches breath - spent all day yesterday with my hand over my mouth or turning my head away LOL.

Goal: Still concentrating on SSing

Good luck with your journey.
I'm starting on 2nd May and I cannot wait!!
I'll look forward to reading your daily posts
EmmaLou,we are both starting on the same day!
Good luck Mercury and Emma xx

Hey! Mecury hope your day is going as good as mine? The lovely sunny weather has really lifted my spirits and is really helping me. I hope the sun is shining where you are and you're doing well. Remember only a few hours until bedtime....if we've manged this far we can get through the next few hours. One day at a time.

Kira x
ps drinkning green tea I am finding is really helping me. give a go if the water alone is tough going.

______Start_______ Day_________

1 ____15st 1
3_____14st 9.5_____-4______ -5.5

Feeling: WOOHOO!!!! amazing - that's 5.5 pounds in 2 DAYS!!! (unless scales are broken :eek: ....gulp). Yesterday was hard but kept myself busy and that really made a difference. I hadn't realised how close people get to your face all day - only noticed this because I have become very aware of my witches breath - spent all day yesterday with my hand over my mouth or turning my head away LOL.

Goal: Still concentrating on SSing

No, your scales aren't broken. That sounds about right. Good, isn't it? :D

Well done for keeping going - you're doing fab! :clap: :clap:

I think the bad breath thing actually gets a bit better after a few weeks on the diet - but I know exactly what you mean about being scared to breathe near people!

Back