Step 1 Sole Source Met consultant for the first time last night

PinkPotions

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but wanted some buddies for my Cambridge journey.

I live in quite a remote area and there is only one consultant within an hour of me but after my meeting last night I'm a bit disappointed.

First off I had to fight to be put on SS as the consultant wanted to use their own weight management plan and just have me healthy eating. They eventually backed down and said I could have satches but came back with one box of veg soup (shouldn't there have been a selection) I'm getting charged £50 a box (website says £42) but its going to be tough if every meal is the same :(

My hubby decided to join too he is on 4 meals due to his height but only realised when we got home that he wasn't even given enough meals to last him the week.

So we were charged £100 for a bucket load of veg soup and we now need to drive back and buy ANOTHER box to get hubby's full weeks worth. £150 in the first week feels harsh considering we have no choice.

I've barely started and I'm moaning but I wish there was another consultant we could go to, we are going to struggle more with zero selection and the packs can only be bought through the consultant.

50 for 21 sachets seems very overpriced to me, I have also always been asked what sachets I would like.

What kind of other product was she pushing? It probably isn't allowed due to her licence. I would be giving head office a call. Is there any other consultants that you could visit fornightly or monthly to keep travel costs down?

Hi the consultant just wanted us to use a healthy eating menu plan. There is one other consultant about an hour and a half away, I wouldn't be able to travel this distance weekly, I might call her and see if she could do monthly.

OMG thats shocking! sounds like the consultant might not be so much of a cambridge consultant - maybe they used to be and are trying to flog off the last of their old stock? are your packs in date? wow, hopefully there will be a way around it for you :)

So sorry you've have to experience this....it's a massive step to decide to do CWP and she has just 'ruined' it for you! a lot of us on here have really good consultants, mine is incredibly supportive. The only problem with mine is that shes only a couple of months from giving birth so I need to try and get to goal before that! ;)

Seriously though, call head office and I hope you work it out.

This sounds awful! And overpriced! Im on 4 sachets a day and pay 56 pounds a week! And there should be a huge selection of shakes to choose from! Sounds dodgey to me xx

I would definitely without hesitation ring head office and let them know about this. I have a choice of shakes, soups, bars and tetras and any flavour my consultant doesn't stock she will order if you just let her know. Tis is never right and a complete rip off!!! Xx

Thanks all for your replies, I've contacted another consultant a bit further away who sounds great and has loads of choice etc.

I think I might need to break up with the original guy. Just need to grow a set and tell him :)

Thanks all for your replies, I've contacted another consultant a bit further away who sounds great and has loads of choice etc.

I think I might need to break up with the original guy. Just need to grow a set and tell him :)

haha we were just having this exact dilemma on another thread - I think I'm gonna break up with mine via text once ive found a new one!

That really was shocking. Glad to hear you got another Consultant sorted out, but I would write or ring head office and explain the problem, it doesn't sound like they are representing the company as they should. The price of products is set by the CDC so there can be some variations but generally it is within a range of around £1.80 - £2.30 per product, though some sell as a weekly package price. On a positive note, when you do get offered the proper range you will be more impressed, there are loads of shakes, bars, tetras etc.

I personally would ring and tell him you have found another CDC who is offering the full range of items at a cheaper price. I do get arsey, so it would irritate me if I let them get away with it.

Good luck with the diet, it can only get better from now.... hope you like veg soup.

Yes I'm going to email head office as I wasn't impressed at having to fight him to let me start on sole source. I gave the other consultant all my info and she couldn't figure out why the other was so against it as we have no medical issues.

Just a bad experience I guess, new chick seems nicer, better choice, cheaper and she's ok with me just visiting fortnightly due to the distance.

I'm glad I questioned it!

Name and shame so we can warn others in your area! What a tosser....sorry for the language but i hate money hungry pricks....rant over :)

I'm going to speak to him and try and work out why the first appt went the way it did if he can't explain himself I will name and shame

Met my new consultant this morning & wow what a difference she had every product going and as much of each as I wanted.

I left with loads of selection, loads of leaflets and booklets.

I have a weight record card a shaker.... It feels like Christmas.

I even got my photo taken.

I got nothing from my first guy not even a copy of my contract so yes folks if you live in Argyll & Bute I would avoid Dr Sharara in Helensburgh. Lovely guy very intelligent but not great for Cambridge!!!

Woo hoo. It is always good when you get a CDC who does it that well. You have gone from one extreme to the other, and well and truly fell on your feet.

Good luck.

Back