Metformin and Exante?

I just been prescribed Metformin for my PCOS - now does anyone take these tablets and can i take the same witrh Exante?

I take it! started yesterday! I take it for PCOS too :) it is perfectly fine to take with exante!

Ooooo thank you!

I'm just bit unsure as some people say you can take it with this diet and others say you cant!

I may try adding a meal for a the first few weeks to ease into the tablets .. the tablets gave me such a tummy ache and headache yesterday..

so hopefully i should be ok soon!

how are you finding it? xxx

I take Metformin 850 mg twice a day.

I took one tablet for about 4 weeks because everytime I tried 2 I was sick and I mean physically sick.

Anyway im on day 3 of taking both tablets and I feel awful. I very nearly sh*t myself the other day. I've been dizzy and have a constant belly ache. I have eaten some food in the last couple of days as proper food does seem to help, that's what I've found anyway. Everyone will have different effects. I've been fine with one tablet on Exante but 2 is a bit too much for me at the moment. I'm sure in time my body will get used to it :)

I hope you guys don't feel as bad as I do. xx

Ooooo thank you!

I'm just bit unsure as some people say you can take it with this diet and others say you cant!

I may try adding a meal for a the first few weeks to ease into the tablets .. the tablets gave me such a tummy ache and headache yesterday..

so hopefully i should be ok soon!

how are you finding it? xxx

Luckily I was fine, until I realised that one of my other medications kept knocking me in and out of ketosis and I ended up falling off the wagon, I kept getting massive headaches, feeling starving one min and fine the next. But the metformin i feel fine with :) the side effects should pass after a few days hun :) just stick with it :)

Back