metformine help plz

joanne83

i have pcos but want to try metformine to see if it help an i just wonder if i could still take it if i dont have insulin resistance cozim not sure the doc never told me either way thanks

Hi I have sever pcos and endometriosis and I take metformin - ask ur consultant about it - I would recccomend the slow release tablet as its not so tough on ur tummy! I started taking it 7 yr ago- lost about 2 stone in weight and then fell pregnant!! I wud def recommend it x

wow hope they give it me lol i have had pcos since 2008 but the doc dont seem to want to help then in dec i went back coz i got alopica an they still wont give me anythink then i heard about metformine i have got an app this week so just wanted to know what im talking about so they can t just send me home again i have been ttc since 2007 but they say they cant give me anythnk coz im over weight try everythink to lose it but nothink seems to work so thank you!!

I too take Metformin and have done so for many years. I would recommend taking them but they can cause tummy trouble but this does settle down and you may have some weightloss but this will stabilise after a while.
Unfortunately for me the the Metformin has not helped with my fertility problems. I've had PCOS since the age of 22 and I'm now 43.

Thats good to know has it helped you with the other pcos probs hope you dont mind me asking hace try anythink els to help with infertility i did have a baby boy at 19 he was a suprise but thinking avout it now he was a little gift im now 28i hope im able to have another and wish baby dust on you to xx

Back