Michelin Star

PinksW

Well. Tonight is weigh in night so fingers crossed. Had a really nasty upset tum yesterday, but all appears back to normal today, so hopefully will register ok on the scales.

At Christmas, my brother in law bought us vouchers for a local restaurant which has a Michelin star. Its really posh, not the sort of place I'm used to, but the voucher runs out at the end of May, so its now or never really.

Will report back on the food later, good job I've been on zero point soup and veg all day ;)

You'll have to tell us what you have and what you thought of it. I've never been to a restaurant with a Michelin star.

Irene xx

Hi all

Well, good news is I somehow managed to lose 8lbs this week. I had been very good, but you dont ever expect a loss like that, so very pleased.

The restaurant was fabulous. Fortunately the portion sizes were very small, so I didn't worry too much. I did drink a lot of wine tho, so am being really cautious what I eat now. Anyway, here is what I ate:
Starter: Gazpacho with crab and coriander cress - light, summery, delicious
Main Course: Veal with truffle mash, asparagus and morrels
Dessert: Rhubarb with Vanilla Panncotta and Ginger, which was unbelievable - was expecting the usual blob of pannacotta, but this was like a foam which covered rhubarb poached in ginger, rhubarb sorbet and a tiny square of rhubarb shortbread

Coffee was served with 2 Valrhona chocolates each

Have to say, every mouthfull was divine and if ever anyone is down Petersfield way and wants to splash out here is the place Welcome to JSW Restaraunt

Granny Pinks
x

WOW 8lbs is an amazing loss - well done!!

I was thinking while reading your post that you woulnd't have to worry about the restaurant as the portions would be tiny .... that's how all the rich and famous stay so weeny!

Glad you enjoyed the meal out!

Twigs
xx

Back