Mid first week but no weight loss?

loudpurplehair

Hey all. This is my first week of SW (morning of 5th day infact). Have been sticking to the plan to the letter, been really good with drinking liquids (only 1 diet coke per day and the rest water or low sugar juice) and having an average of 8-10 syns per day. I weighed myself last night (granted only on day 4) and there hasnt been a loss at all. I'm really disappointed about it, though I'm not about to give up. But why haven't I started to make a loss yet? :sigh:

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES!

You will not necessarily show a loss until your scheduled weigh date and time.

If you are following the plan properly then have faith, put the scales in a locked cupboard! and wait until your official WI :D

xx

The only tip I have for you is, GET OFF THE SCALES!! Leave them alone, please, for your sake.

Weight fluctuates daily, even hourly so jumping on and off the scales before your official weigh in day/time will not give you and accurate reading. Plus, you are torturing yourself in the process.

Also, part of the plan is that you get weighed once a week, so by scale hopping you are not truly sticking to plan.

Keep following the plan, and keep away from the scales until your official weigh in. I'm sure you'll have a nice surprise! xx

I know exactly how u feel. I'm only on week 2 (wi Mon) 1st week lost 2lb which I admit I was dissappointed in but this morning I couldn't resist going on scales & Im down 5lbs since Mon!!!!! I knew by how I felt & my clothes that Id lost but had I gone on & stayed the same I'd prob reach for the choc thinking what's the point! As everyone will tell u on here have faith, stick to the plan as it does work & STAY OFF THOSE SCALES lol

Thanks girls for the advise. I thought that may have been the case. I spose it's that addictive thing, wanting to know what the results of your hard work and effort are. I guess I will just have to wait until monday to know whether it's paid off!

I know exactly how u feel. I'm only on week 2 (wi Mon) 1st week lost 2lb which I admit I was dissappointed in but this morning I couldn't resist going on scales & Im down 5lbs since Mon!!!!!

I hope the scales show the same result on your WI day then, or you're going to be mighty disappointed :(

I know it can be hard to keep off the scales, but it can become an obsessive, dangerous habit. I have been through it myself, my first time on Slimming World. I would weigh myself every day - even if I got up in the middle of the night to use the toilet, I'd hop on the scales! Ridiculous or what. Scale hopping does nothing but damage, and I cannot urge you enough to please stay off them until weigh in. The scales in our house are now hidden, and they only come out if I am unable to make it to class. There is no way I want to go down the obsessive weighing route again.

Hope you all have a good week on plan xx

There is honestly a post like this everyweek from someone asking the same question. Why does everyone do it to themselves???!!!!!

The class scales are different to your own- stick to weighing at class only.

Sw isnt the sort of diet where you lose half your body weight magically overnight. The weight didnt go on in five days, its gonner take longer than that to see a differnce.

There is honestly a post like this everyweek from someone asking the same question. Why does everyone do it to themselves???!!!!!

Because many of them are that used to jumping on and off scales that they cannot help but to continue. Or because they are that amazed by how much you can eat, etc, on Slimming World, they do not possibly think they can lose anything and want to check for themselves.

As a past serial scale hopper myself, I can relate with 'everyone' that makes these posts. For me it was more about embarassment than anything else. Embarassed that I wouldn't have lost at the next WI, so I had to keep checking.

Remember, the majority of these people are new to the plan, and are still unsure. I don't want to offend you or 'cause a scene' here - it could just be the way I read your post - but you seemed a little blunt and unsympathetic. I know it can be annoying reading posts of the same nature all of the time, but we were all newbies to the plan and asked questions that had already been asked at some point.

On the other hand, I do agree with your point. The weight wasn't gained in 5 days, and it's also not going to shift in 5 days.

Loudpurplehair, just keep following plan as best as you can, and I'm sure you will reap the rewards at your weigh in. Good luck xx

A little sympathy wouldn't go a miss here guys. I'm sure the majority of people on here have been guilty of scale hopping at sometime or another & yes Im sure u have the best intentions of telling us to stay off but sometimes we r just looking for a wee bit confirmation that the plan is working for us as individuals.

A little sympathy wouldn't go a miss here guys. I'm sure the majority of people on here have been guilty of scale hopping at sometime or another & yes Im sure u have the best intentions of telling us to stay off but sometimes we r just looking for a wee bit confirmation that the plan is working for us as individuals.

I feel I have been thoroughly sympathetic. I know where you're coming from, as my first time on Slimming World I used to do the same. I've since rejoined and am now on my second week (Weigh in on Tuesday). This time I have hidden the scales as I find it too tempting to jump on them, even though I know I shouldn't.

I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that you are not the only one out there that feels this way. Hopefully your first official weigh in will be confirmation that the plan really works, and you can put your mind at rest. Have a good week xx

hunca said:

Hunca. I don't think that anyone feels unsympathetic at all, i cannot relate personally to the scale hopping because i have never done it (i don't own any), but i can definitely relate to the needing to feel the plan is working. What i would say is why would you take the word of people on a forum whom you've never met before when it comes to something like this? If you do, the advice is stay away from the scales until weigh in day, but realistically, how can we assure you it will work? We don't know you. We don't know what you've eaten.

We can't make that judgement. What we can do is give the benefit of our own experiences, and for the most part those are - Stay off the scales.

I can also completely relate to the frustration that people feel when seeing the same question posted every week, almost without fail - the answer is always the same. Step away, ignore the reading, wait till official weigh in. It won't change no matter how many times its asked.

You can't expect a 'there there'
& a pat on the back every time you ask for support hun.

I can also completely relate to the frustration that people feel when seeing the same question posted every week, almost without fail - the answer is always the same. Step away, ignore the reading, wait till official weigh in. It won't change no matter how many times its asked.

You can't expect a 'there there'
& a pat on the back every time you ask for support hun.

Sometimes it's just nice to get it off your chest though, and there's nothing wrong with giving people a little reassurance. ;)

I weighed myself after about 4 days on plan, and couldn't see any difference, but on my first weigh in last night I'd lost 2.5lbs.

This is not a diet plan where you are going to see huge losses, but stick with it and I'm sure you'll see a loss at weigh-in. Some people do better on the 2nd week too - a girl at my class last night only lost 1.5lb on her first week, but last night she'd lost 4.5lbs on the second week.

i am always winding myself up with scale hopping - best advice is to steer off them! I can lose 2lb over night sometimes, or maintian, gain and all sorts through the week.

The official weigh in, is the only one you should use as your measure. the other weigh ins, are just rough guides.

on a plus point - you are not gaining weight, so its all good! xxx

i am always winding myself up with scale hopping - best advice is to steer off them! I can lose 2lb over night sometimes, or maintian, gain and all sorts through the week.

The official weigh in, is the only one you should use as your measure. the other weigh ins, are just rough guides.

on a plus point - you are not gaining weight, so its all good! xxx

OMG EB - 1 week till the wedding. it feels like yesterday when you were counting down the months!

Thanks everyone. Slight hiccup there in the middle (first chance I've had to read the responses).
I'm pretty tough skinned (you kind of have to be when you are larger) so anything that may have been construed as unsympathetic was taken as advice just as much as everything that wasn't (not that I considered anything to be unsympathetic).
Just for the record though, sure I will post many things that will be the same as people have posted before because the forum is informing me that there have been 1164 unread posts since my visit 2 hrs ago, and while I will normally search to prevent re-posting, sometimes you just don't have time!

anyways, went slightly off topic there: scales are banned til Monday weigh ins (am going it alone so weighing myself. Unless things get bad then I will join a class), certainly don't feel disheartened, and enjoying SW.
xxx

hunca said:
Fair enough Kingleds prob just how Im feeling at this present time.

I know hun - remember that everyone wants you to do well on here - if only to prove that husband of your wrong. No one will give u bad advice on the plan - but equally it won't be sugar coated. It all comes from a good place. I promise x

The class scales are different to your own- stick to weighing at class only.

Sw isnt the sort of diet where you lose half your body weight magically overnight. The weight didnt go on in five days, its gonner take longer than that to see a differnce.

Or maybe what I was trying to achieve was meant as a light hearted way of saying everyone who does sw has had the same question at some point or another to put the persons mind at ease.

And I didnt say dont post questions people have asked before. I just said it was a common question which people spend a lot of time beating themselves up about and getting upset about for absolutey nothing.

Back