Extra Easy Days Mid "weigh in" week weight gain :(

Fat Vicky

I need some inspiration, I have just commited the cardinal sin of weighing myself between weigh ins and have got myself in a right tizzy. According to the evil scales I have gained 1.25 lbs up until now. I normally weigh myself on a Tuesday Morning first thing before I get dressed. Curiosity got the better of me and now I feel so down hearted as I have not eaten anything that I shouldnt. If anything Ive not eaten much at all as been feeling queezy and a bit off colour.

I have stopped going to class as my c was very unhelpful and really patronising - really glad now as if Id gone and gained weight heaven knows what she would have said.

I am dreading Tuesday now as if Ive gained this amount by Saturday evening, heaven knows how much Ill have put on by Tuesday.

Depressed and downhearted :cry:

body weight fluctuates daily you can weigh yourself 10 times a day and not have the same reading twice. I weigh in on Tuesday and I will say I felt a little tighter in my clothes so I decided to see how much, and I had gained 6lbs from weigh in. Did it bother me?? Absolutely not. Weighed in again on Tuesday and had lost it and then some.

Follow the plan, stay off the scales or if you can't know you will probably gain and lose it and gain some more and lose that. It depends on how you want to feel about seeing a gain. If you can't handle it, don't step on the scales.

My scales can go up by as much as 6lbs from morning to night weigh in!

Carry on as you are and work towards Tuesday x

Take no notice of it at all and don't let it throw you off track. I can be 5lbs up then 2 hrs later 3lbs down! Try to stay off the scales x

Thank you all fingers crossed for Tuesday xx Kimboowee, I am in awe of your weightloss, well done you xx

Vicky all serial weighers will tell you the same including me - its not a good idea to have sneaky peeks but we cant resist. From now until WI try to stay off your scales the only reading that matters is your WI day, as has been said our weight fluctuates over the day. Stick to plan and good luck for Tuesday.

Hey I'm in the same boat, did a sneaky weigh-in on Thurs morning to discover that I was 1lb lighter than official weigh-in, which was amazing, but then did a weigh-in yesterday morning and was 3lbs heavier (and the same thing happened this morning too) - am devastated as only had one flexi synning day and didn't even go that mad on it! :( We really shouldn't do it to ourselves, although at least it's forcing me to stay very much on plan until next weigh-in to minimise the damage x

Love the humour girls, thank you so much, I am thinking of making a pair of horns or a "Do not weigh till Tuesday" sign for my scales!! Was very naughty and weighed myself again this morning and it showed a 6lb loss ( from last week) Texty F you are so right, it is an addiction, maybe it has replaced my chocolate and pizza addiction!! Thank you everyone you are all brill xxx

Or maybe you could just put them away and not use them :p;) I know its hard, this comes from the girl who had 10pesos in her hand in mexico to get weighed on the baggage scales lol I did resist though but only cos there was a Q at the reception desk at the hotel.
Im doing a week of no weighing today is day 4 its killing me but im doing it lol

Oooooh Cold Turkey!! good luck with that one!! I even weighed myself yesterday in the pharmacy whilst I was waiting for my prescription!! Oh dear Ive got it bad!! ;)

Lol i wont be making a habit it of it. I made a pact with a friend for a week just to see if taking the pressure off us makes a difference

When you have a hard time after seeing your weight (be it actual gain or mid week sneak peak numbers) remember: Going back to the way you used to eat isn't gonna make the weight go away! Try to use it as a motivator to try harder, maybe find time for a walk extra every now and then?

Texty F you do make me chuckle :giggle:. Dont think I could keep away from the scales whoever I made a pact with!! xx

Lol well i dont think ill be doing it again in a hurry but a pact is a pact and im staying strong :D

Right now I wouldnt want to go into the en suite to weigh as OH is lying on the bed (after being on the beer) and has his ipod on "singing" and I say that loosely at the top of his voice ( i need ear plugs) howlllllllllllllllllllllllll

Simple solution - bin the scales ;)

I always have to stop myself from doing this!
Best to just wait the full 7 days and hope for the best! lol
If you have been good for the week chances are it will be a good result on the night!! :)

Back