~~> Middy's No Turning Back Slimming World Journey <~~

Middy

Hello Slimming World-ers!

I start my new lifestyle tomorrow, wish me lot's of luck! A bit about me, I am 26, engaged and have a 2 year old little girl and if I carry on the way I have been, I know I wont be able to do all the things I have planned for the future. One of those goals is to become a midwife, and I start my training in September. I know, I wont last the 13 hour shifts, logging this weight around so I feel like this has given me a motivation to get myself sorted out! I will be doing slimming world from home (online) and I won't be calling it a diet because it simply won't be one. This is going to be a whole new lifestyle for me and I am in it for the long haul. There are no time frames, only dedication and commitment will see me reach my goals now. Since my main priority is to create a healthier lifestyle I will be weighing only once a month! I tried the whole weigh once a week thing, and it ended up being 10 times a week! Getting my fiance to hide the scales didn't work either because I just asked him where it was?! So, I am trying a new perspective this time. I am hoping this diary can will help me stay focused along the way, I will be following the EE plan mostly but some days I may follow the green plan as I want to limit my meat intake also. The only rules I have given myself is to not beat myself up about how I have got here, or if I have the occasional 'off' day as it doesn't achieve anything at all. Continually moving forward is my philosophy from here onwards and positivity all the way. VERY excited about the future.

Middy
x

Last edited:
Great start, not. Buying the shopping has been a headache and a half. Struggling to find healthy things to eat for a week, that is tasty, will keep me interested and is cheap. Difficult task, will have a crack at it tomorrow now as I have spent way too long on my menu. Not the positive start I was hoping for, but onwards and upwards!

Shopping now bought, we don't have a large budget so will try to keep it around £65 a week. Got some lovely meals coming up this week. :eek:

Thanks JoJo, Yeah I just forced myself to get on with it, I thought 'Come on Middy, just get this healthy shopping bought' first challenge complete lol. This is all about mindset this is, shopping coming tomorrow morning now so will get on it straight away. Will catch up with your journal tomorrow (or today), it's 1.30 am, I am a bit of a night owl x

Healthy eating is going well, thought I would track today's food.

Extra Easy

Breakfast: Bowl of fruit (Strawberries, grapes and melon slices) & mulletight yoghurt (syn free)
Lunch: Lean bacon (no fat), scrambled eggs, beans, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (teaspoon of butter 1 syns) with more fruit afterwards (HEXB)
Dinner: Smoked haddock with shallots, vegetables and jacket potato with another teaspoon of butter (1 syns).

Snacks:
Diet Lemonade
2 finger kitkat (5.5 syns)

I am sticking to 10 syns max a day for now, had a few moments where I have thought "Oh sod it, just order a fish and chips" but I managed to change my thinking quick before I made the call, so I am proud of myself for that. Just realised I haven't used up my HEXA though...

Total syns: 7.5

x

Last edited:
Tracking for today

Extra Easy

Breakfast: Grapes & Mullerlight yoghurt
Lunch: Batchelors Brocolli & Cheese Pasta with left over haddock from yesterday and a bowl of steamed brocolli (HEXA)
Dinner: Tescos Puy Lentil & Tomato Soup (9.5 syns for half the pot) and one wholemeal rol (HEXB)

Snacks: Baked Walkers crisps 25g 5 syns

Edit: I had a sick toddler today, and just did not have the time to cook my homemade tomato and pepper soup so my other half bought a soup in. It's only 9.5 syns for half the tub, which I had!!!!!! Which makes the total syn count 14.5 syns today. It could be worse, I could have done my usual which is order in a takeaway, so I am still proud that I managed to stay strong with the usual stressors.

Total syns: 14.5

x

Last edited:
Edited my previous post as I have had a sick toddler today. I am doing this, I really am! :D Today I have been thinking about what it will be like to buy skinny clothes again. I think I would feel like the happiest girl alive, it's been a long time since I have been in a clothes shop (of my choice) and bought something I feel great in. Looking forward to tomorrow's healthy eating day.

x

Tracking for today

Extra Easy

Breakfast: 2 Boiled eggs, 2 slices of wholemeal bread, with a teaspoon of butter (1 syns).
Lunch: Mullerlight yoghurt and grapes. (I was meant to have my homemade spicy tomato and pepper soup. I made it (yay) but I didn't like the consistency so my fiance had it! lol)
Dinner: Big plate of spag bol with 28g of cheese (Extra-Lean mince)

Snacks:
Cadburys light trifle 6.5 syns
Strawberries

Treating myself to the trifle since I power-walked 2 miles today. It's not much to some, but a victory for me as I have a VERY sedentary lifestyle. Definitely wan't to get my fitness levels up, it's such hard work logging this weight around and I was knackered when I got home but I am so glad I did it. Would love to be able to run a few miles before I start uni in September :eek: Roll on tomorrow, going to make slimming world friendly fish and chips!

Total syns: 7.5

Last edited:
Tracking for today

Extra Easy

Breakfast: 2 Boiled eggs, 2 slices of wholemeal bread, with a teaspoon of butter (2 syns).
Lunch: Mullerlight yoghurt and grapes. (I was meant to have my homemade spicy tomato and pepper soup. I made it (yay) but I didn't like the consistency so my fiance had it! lol)
Dinner: Big plate of spag bol with 28g of cheese (Extra-Lean mince)

Snacks:
Cadburys light trifle 6.5 syns
Strawberries

Treating myself to the trifle since I power-walked 2 miles today. It's not much to some, but a victory for me as I have a VERY sedentary lifestyle. Definitely wan't to get my fitness levels up, it's such hard work logging this weight around and I was knackered when I got home but I am so glad I did it. Would love to be able to run a few miles before I start uni in September :eek: Roll on tomorrow, going to make slimming world friendly fish and chips!

Total syns: 8.5

hiya! saw that you wanted to up your fitness levels i am starting the couch to 5k. its with the nhs and it takes 9 weeks. you can down load it onto a ipod or iphone from i tunes its completely free it does it gradually for example you will have someone talking to you and they will tell you to run for 60 secs then power walk for 90 secs they time it all and tell you when to finish. its really good x

hiya! saw that you wanted to up your fitness levels i am starting the couch to 5k. its with the nhs and it takes 9 weeks. you can down load it onto a ipod or iphone from i tunes its completely free it does it gradually for example you will have someone talking to you and they will tell you to run for 60 secs then power walk for 90 secs they time it all and tell you when to finish. its really good x

Thank you so much, I haven't heard about this before I am definitely going to look into this. This sounds like exactly what I am looking for!

Well for all that talk about treating myself, I ended up passing out on the sofa and I didn't wake up till 7am this morning! lol. So cadburys trifle is still in the fridge, so only 1 syns yesterday!

Extra Easy
Breakfast: Mullerlight yoghurt & Fruit
Lunch: Ham & Cheese sandwich (1 syns for butter) with salad and fruit and Walkers Baked crisps (5.5 syns)
Dinner: Baked fish with sweetcorn, slimming world friendly chips and a little ketchup (0.5 syns).

Snacks
Diet Lemonade

Total Syns: 7

Last edited:
Also, for some reason I have been counting my margarine syns as two but when I looked in my book today,' I can't believe it's not butter light' is only 1 syn! I was very happy to see this, because now it means I can squeeze in an extra kitkat somewhere this week :D It's the little things that keep me going. May have had a sneaky peak on the scales today too, so much for weighing monthly lol!!! But it's looking good so far. Roll on tomorrow

x

Yeah defo look into it! I'm so looking forward to starting it in Monday :) I'm the same it's what I need to start me off on my exercise for my body magic. Hopefully by Easter ill be running the 5k! I also want to do race for life and actually run it not walk it!

good luck and let me know how you get in with it ;) ill keep in touch and let you know how I get on! I think I'm gonna die but I need to do something lol x

Hi middy. Happy Saturday. Sounds like your doing great x

Happy Saturday hun, thank you for stopping by! I am currently on my second punnett of grapes, I am all graped out!! lol. How are you? :eek:

Yeah defo look into it! I'm so looking forward to starting it in Monday :) I'm the same it's what I need to start me off on my exercise for my body magic. Hopefully by Easter ill be running the 5k! I also want to do race for life and actually run it not walk it!

good luck and let me know how you get in with it ;) ill keep in touch and let you know how I get on! I think I'm gonna die but I need to do something lol x

Please do keep me updated with how you get on with it. I had a look into last night and I am going to do it. I decided I am going to get my first months weight loss out of the way first and then I am so on it! You will be so fit if you do all those races, and the weight will drop off. Your post reminded me that I actually have the book 'How to run a marathon' collecting dust on my shelf might give it some attention this evening lol.

Tracking for today...

Extra Easy

Breakfast: Wholemeal bacon sarnie (HEXB), with a little marge and one teaspoon of ketchup (2 syns)
Lunch: 1 punnet of grapes!! & Mullerlight Yogurt
Dinner: Veggie Lasagne (HEXA - Mozzarella) and another punnet of grapes for dessert!!

Snacks

2 finger kitkat (5.5 syns)
Diet Lemonade
2 cups of tea - skimmed milk (1 syn)

Total syns: 8.5

What I have found interesting so far, is how quick I have taken to the fruit. I thought I would be a bit reluctant because before I would barely eat fruit once a week, never mind once a meal time so I am proud of myself there. Just got to keep thinking of myself in those lovely skinny minny clothes *daydream*

I'm good thanks middy. Still on plan and selling like nothing is gunna knock me at the mo :) hope you finished ya grapes ;)

I am glad you are still feeling in the zone, i am feeling the same long may this continue!

Tracking for today

Extra Easy

Breakfast: 2 slices of whole meal toast with a tiny bit of marg (0.5 syns), and fruit
Lunch: Jacket potato, beans, cheese and sliced ham and some more fruit.
Dinner: Lentil & Spinach curry with rice

Snacks
4 finger kitkat (a whopping 11.5 syns!!)
Diet lemonade
Cup of tea x 2 (1 syns)

Total syns: 13

I am on a real kitkat thing at the moment, but I am also quite a bit under for my syns this week so I am going to just have it! I put my daughters cot in the attic and set up my little girl's bed today, her first big bed, it's gorgeous and she loves it but I shed a tear because this means I no longer have a baby anymore! But I adore the little person she is growing into.

Looking forward to what tomorrow brings, must get some more exercise in next week.

x

Back