Midnight's CD Journey (5+ stone to lose)

Thank you Tall :)

Yes...I fear it will be my downfall in the end but not today!

1st weigh and wooo I did good!

I am so excited! Just got back from my 1st weigh in to find i had lost 13lbs :happy036:

I made it 12 on my scales even though there is a 4lb difference between my scales and CDC i expected to weigh more being evening and clothed, but apparently a lb less!!

She was really pleased and its all the motivation I need to push on through into my second week :)

I have a feeling though some of this success could be down to my water intake which apparently is way over the safe limits according to my CDC.

I have been drinking 4.5 litres a day for the past few days at least, excluding the water i use for CDC products. When i told her this she said its a no no, that 2l and definitely no more than 3l is the max. She said that Lighter Life encouraged people to drink 4l a day and a couple of people died due to it and they changed it to 2.

I was aware of the risk of hyponatremia but thought if i spaced my intake throughout the day (which i have) that I was safe. I have tried to research on the web what the actual 'limits' are but nothing commits to maximums and most of the advice differs:confused:

Anyway, i think i'm going to play it safe and drop down to 3l from here on just incase...i just hope it don't affect my weight loss next week.

Well done - 13lbs is fantastic!!!!! :)

I think 3-3.5L of water would be ideal, I know that the deaths were mentioned when I was on LL but they said it was because they had drank the water all at once - and it was about 5 or 6L I think!! x

Well done - 13lbs is fantastic!!!!! :)

I think 3-3.5L of water would be ideal, I know that the deaths were mentioned when I was on LL but they said it was because they had drank the water all at once - and it was about 5 or 6L I think!! x

Thank you Deej, i wasn't expecting that so am really chuffed :)

Yes i read one of the stories from 2008 and the lady drunk 4 litres in one evening stint, so sad :(

how much did you drink on LL? Did you find any link between weight loss and water intake?

I think I drank 2-3L, but didn't really see too much difference if I drank a bit less? I find it hard remembering to drink, although I do find the soup aftertastes make you reach for the water lol! x

That is what i am going to aim for now.

Lol yes the soup and the bad breath for me too! I am frightened to speak to anyone it is so bad :/

Its weird though, the more i drink the more thirsty i get? x

Just popping in to say well done for pushing through the first bit!
Go gently on the excercise though...youre shifting pleanty just with the diet plus dont forget muscle weighs heavier than fat!
I really admire you for being able to do it with children around as so hard when you have to prepare their food etc! Well done you!

Just popping in to say well done for pushing through the first bit!
Go gently on the excercise though...youre shifting pleanty just with the diet plus dont forget muscle weighs heavier than fat!
I really admire you for being able to do it with children around as so hard when you have to prepare their food etc! Well done you!

Thanks ISOM :)

Yes i am sticking to cardio only now as CDC said i can damage my muscles with any resistance training on such low calories. But i cant give it up completely, its not just the weight, its part of my life now and most of the time i really enjoy it and it makes me feel so much better.

Yes the extra temptation doesnt do me any favours lol but hopefully i'll get used to it.

Good for you; where I went wrong last time was not doing excercise when I lost the weight so something I know Ill have to do...hope today is a good one!

Good for you; where I went wrong last time was not doing excercise when I lost the weight so something I know Ill have to do...hope today is a good one!

Oh well this time you can change that and keep it off for good :)

That is how i intend to maintain. I have not only maintained but (at a snails pace) lost weight and inches, no matter what i have eaten this year on exercise alone. The problem is who wants to maintain this amount of weight lol!

Am hoping with my smaller appetite and being able to exercise fully again at that stage, it will really help me maintain...long road ahead before thinking too much about that tho! :eek:

Week 2.

This week has been relatively easy, I really feel like I have settled into the diet and it's now becoming a normalised habit rather than something i have to think about.

I have miraculously got through a birthday meal, my 4 year olds birthday party (with lots of spare party food!!) and a trip to the cinema to see the new HP without deviating beyond a plain steak and salad, which is not at all like me :)

The scales have been unwilling to shift much all week and despite my efforts, including plenty of exercise as usual, I only ended up with a 2lb loss today at WI :/

Pleased i haven't let it demotivate me though and i can see the inches as my clothes are really getting loose now and i think i will need to have a dig around for my old smaller clothes soon :D

Well done for not letting the 2lb loss disappoint you - that's still over 1st in 2 weeks!!!!! That's amazing and it's great when you can feel the difference :)

I've managed to bake thank you cookies tonight for my 3yr olds playschool 'aunties' and not try any :) also got 2 kids parties to attend over the weekend and will be strong and not hoover up the leftovers as usual lol! Loving that it seems to be slotting into place - makes the next WI come around quicker x

Well done for not letting the 2lb loss disappoint you - that's still over 1st in 2 weeks!!!!! That's amazing and it's great when you can feel the difference :)

I've managed to bake thank you cookies tonight for my 3yr olds playschool 'aunties' and not try any :) also got 2 kids parties to attend over the weekend and will be strong and not hoover up the leftovers as usual lol! Loving that it seems to be slotting into place - makes the next WI come around quicker x

Thanks Deej...i;m trying to look at the bigger picture, it's just harder when you've put the work in not to see the results tallying up! But hey ho, i've stuck to plan and have my fingers crossed for better next WI.

Mmm cookies...that might be just a bit too much temptation for me. I don't know how you managed that but well done :)

How's it going this week? I hope the parties went ok x

Hi MA,

It's going good thanks, have got into a pair of smaller jeans and my friends and work colleagues are noticing that I'm getting smaller :)

When's your next WI? Fingers crossed you'll get a brilliant loss after all the effort you're putting in.

The parties over the weekend were really good and not 1 quaver or sausage roll passed my lips - yay!! There was even a BBQ at the 2nd and I wasn't even bothered by the yummy smells wafting over!

How are you getting on? x

Hi MA,

It's going good thanks, have got into a pair of smaller jeans and my friends and work colleagues are noticing that I'm getting smaller :)

When's your next WI? Fingers crossed you'll get a brilliant loss after all the effort you're putting in.

The parties over the weekend were really good and not 1 quaver or sausage roll passed my lips - yay!! There was even a BBQ at the 2nd and I wasn't even bothered by the yummy smells wafting over!

How are you getting on? x

Hi Deej,

That's a great feeling fitting into smaller clothes, and people noticing...well done :)

I don't think my loss is very noticeable yet to others as i haven't had much of a response when seeing people i havent seen for a while...but i think that's the way when there is so much to lose.

But i did fit into some smaller clothes too and i have just been through a pile of others that either just do up (but i cant breathe lol) or nearly do...so i am hoping it wont be long :)

Was pleased with this weeks WI as i was starting to worry the diet had stopped working as it seemed so reluctant to come off despite my best efforts, but in the end i got 4lbs so has relieved me a bit x

Week 3

After a start as slow as the week before i was getting VERY frustrated with how little the scales moved, despite staying 100% and exercising. However, after a struggle of a week (feeling demotivated) I was chuffed to end up with 4lbs off :)

However it was a pretty horrible week, my TOTM skipped its due time (am assuming the diet has knocked it out as its been like clockwork since the metformin) but i still felt bloated and pre menstrual for a bit :( On top of that i have been suffering horrendous constipation and have had to take herbal laxitives twice to deal with it. Which is pretty bad considering how much water i drink now.

Anyway, that dealt with i am sailing along into week 4 and i hardly know how it came around so quickly from the point of counting days!

I have not been hungry at all BUT i have found it really hard lately as i seem to be so restricted in what i can do in all this lovely sunshine, picnics, meals out, no beer garden etc etc and its getting on my nerves that i have to avoid as many of these situations as possible or sit watching as everyone else enjoys :(

I keep telling myself that i need to be slim more than I need them things, and its working but i think its only because i have a holiday goal to work to and once that's gone i'm scared! Even more so as i have surgery a week after my return and i am not allowed onto the 1st few CD plans for 3 months after!! But am going to try to get docs permission to at least go on step 3 for that period or i dread to think what i'll do :/

Last edited:
Back