Milk Week - week 12 or week 13?

I asked my LLC about this just the other day actually lol. PB is right it's cos LL is working with the government on obesity targets, and they've onl;y researched VLCD's up to 12 weeks, so they introduce it to break it up, like CD's add a meal weeks. However this ups your calorie intake to 1000 a day for a week! and knocks you out of ketosis. My LLC says she generally doesn't do it with her groups, and I don't want to do it, I think as long as were feeling fine and not ill, then we're ok to continue what we're doing, just my opinion though

and this is VLCD - milk can have quite a few cals in it, half a pint of skimmed would add about 100 cals onto our daily total.

well, that would still only make it 650 cals a day which is still quite low.

I have decided I might do it for a couple of days. I have not done it today, though I did take a sip of milk just to taste it, and it was no big deal. ANd I love milk! I'll see how the week pans out.

I still have not heard back from my LLC about the questions I asked.

I hope your LL counsellor gets back to you soon.
I'm afraid i cant help or advise as even though i have been abstinent for 10 months now, i have never done milk week. TBH i have never drunk milk and rarely used it to cook with and the thought of having to have it really made my stomach churn.
It is something that i will try again during RTM but so far havent.

Good luck with it though, im sure you will do well

Thanks Sil.

TBH, I am starting feel a bit ambivelant about it. The fact my counselor never returned my call even though I asked her to asap so I knew whether or not to pick up milk....I am thinking if she's not that bothered, should I be?

So may give it a miss. Or maybe a couple just for a treat - I do like milk. But not enough tl let a couple of drinks throw me of course - I know that part would be safe. We'll see.

Thanks!

but BL if you add it to each foodpack as well then it will amount to about 1000 cals a day.

Its all about quantity isn't it? Just having it in a couple of teas etc won't make a vast difference - but milk contains lactose, and if its added to foodpack and teas then its a corking increase in carbs as well as cals I suppose.

I'm starting to lean towards the not going to bother with it. I long for a cup of tea and the last thing I want is to be able to have one for a week then have that taken away again. I will ask more questions to my LLC next week but I don't want to rock the boat.

Back