Milk

MummyClaire

What do people use all their milk allowance on ?

i only started the diet today (doing extra easy) and am using my healthy extra A as milk, (skimmed 350ml) i didn't have cereal for breakfast , as i dont have any till i go shopping on wednesday (to be quite honest i dont have a lot of food till i go shopping on wednesday, i have 2 of my 3 shelves in my fridge empty )! :8855:

i read somewhere that if i don't have the full 350ml i have to count what i do use ... so any idea's on what i can use it on, a healthy low sin or sin free dessert or evening snack .... i am using some for my mash potato for tea which is why i decided to use milk as my A for today.

all idea's welcome :)
thank you

xxx

You can have half of your hea as milk and the other half as cheese e.g. 3 laughing cow extra light is half a hea, or 21g low fat cheese.

I just use mine for coffee during the day or to make a proper cheese sauce, rice pudding, bread and butter puddin, milk jelly etc.

By the way you don't need to syn it if not using the full quoted amount. So if you don't manage to get through it all and are getting calcium from other foods then don't worry too much about it.

I use mine in cereal ,tea and the reduced sugar asda brand angel delights.
I never measure ,but 2 pts lasts me about 3 days which isn't far off what the hea allowance is anyway.

cheers for the helpful ideas :)

i don't drink tea or coffee to use it in either lol

..... and dont have any cheese at the moment lol

ohhh milk jelly sounds good :)... and i luv rice pudding but dont think i have any pudding rice either lol

i don't even have any yoghurts for calcium from elsewhere today lol ... hmmm i think i only just realised how little calcium i do have in a day :( ... 2 pints in 3 days, i normally have 2 pints a week ... and sometimes bin some that is left over :(

thanks for the information (like i don't have to use it all) and tips (like using half and half of hex A) and recipe ideas (milk jelly, rice pudding... i will look for the recipes and add a few more things to my shopping list :)

lots of muller light is already on it lol ... i cant wait to make a muller light icecream i saw a recipe for earlier... my mate is coming for tea on saturday and she is also on this diet so i wanna make it as a syn free dessert ... but wanna try it out first ;)

xxx

If you have risotto rice or even ordinary rice you can use that in rice pudding at a push. It just won't be quite as creamy.

cheers for the helpful ideas :)

i don't drink tea or coffee to use it in either lol

..... and dont have any cheese at the moment lol

ohhh milk jelly sounds good :)... and i luv rice pudding but dont think i have any pudding rice either lol

i don't even have any yoghurts for calcium from elsewhere today lol ... hmmm i think i only just realised how little calcium i do have in a day :( ... 2 pints in 3 days, i normally have 2 pints a week ... and sometimes bin some that is left over :(

thanks for the information (like i don't have to use it all) and tips (like using half and half of hex A) and recipe ideas (milk jelly, rice pudding... i will look for the recipes and add a few more things to my shopping list :)

lots of muller light is already on it lol ... i cant wait to make a muller light icecream i saw a recipe for earlier... my mate is coming for tea on saturday and she is also on this diet so i wanna make it as a syn free dessert ... but wanna try it out first ;)

xxx

Just a warning muller light ice cream was not good when I tried it and is very time consuming there are heaps better dessert ideas on the recipes thread ;)

You just need to be careful how long you leave it in the freezer for. Too long and it pretty much turns to a block of ice but a few hours and it goes lovely and thick and creamy - think Mr Whippy!

i only have quck cook basmatti rice lol ... i might try it with it though it will be syn free so even if i try it and dont like it i wont have to count the spoonful i try ;)

ohh :( i was looking forward to that as well :'( ... maybe i can tweek it to make it yummy :) .... or i might make my syn free cheesecake mix and instead of a base i can serve with a marks and spencer biscuit curl (2 syns)

yep i just found that page so i have been writing down lots of the yummy sounding recipes ... like the trifle and fruit roulade :) ... i am tempted to make one of the roulade sponges and fill with my cheesecake mix and roll before it sets and then it will set in the roulade .... once i have been shopping i will be trying and experimenting with lots of the recipes i have found :) ... then i will add to the thread with some of my own ideas :)

xxx

You just need to be careful how long you leave it in the freezer for. Too long and it pretty much turns to a block of ice but a few hours and it goes lovely and thick and creamy - think Mr Whippy!

so if i make it, then put it in the freezer then start on tea by the time we have eaten and ready for dessert it should be about ready ? it will be in there about an hour and a half .... will it work freezing it in an icecream machine ? has anyone tried it ? then it can just freeze while we are eating and no messing around with mixing it every half hour :)

I suppose it depends on your freezer - you might need to experiment a bit. I usually put mine in for about 3 to 4 hours and I never bother with stirring it.

kool, thanks for the tips .... i found lots of other yoghurt icecream ideas in the recipe section too, think i need to make room in my freezer the the ice cream machine bowl and try some out :)

xxx

yes u must make room in the freezer thats were my ice cream machine lives top drawer of the big freezer it so more even the kids want it grrrrrrrrrrrr they stand over it waiting for it to get ready can i have a try is it ready yet lol :)

Coffee, cereal, hot chocolate! Options hot chocolate, if I had it... I'm gonna go out and buy some tomorrow, been thinking about it for too long! Sometimes I just heat the milk up if I've had a crappy day and want a decent sleep. Other times I'll use my remaining syns to treat myself to a few biscuits (Morning Coffee at 1 syn each preferably, Digestives at 3.5 each when I want something that hits the spot, Rich Tea NEVER AS THEY TASTE LIKE CARDBOARD!!) and dunk em into the milk :D xxx

Oh oh oh oh oh and sometimes I chuck it in the smoothie maker with an apple, banana, and pear, and it's just heaven :) xxx

I never have milk. I always have cheese for my HEXA.

I have a useful cheese saver box which keeps cheeses fresh for ages, and I have quite a stash of different kinds in there to choose from.

Back