Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Milton Keynes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mrs Depp, 12 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    Can anybody help me with a little problem?

I'm going to my little sister's 40th birthday party next month. She lives in Kents Hill MK and I need to find somewhere to stay overnight.

Can anyone recommend a Travelodge, hotel or b&b nearby? Nothing too expensive please as I'm counting my pennies! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    My gran lived in Kents Hill until she passed away last year :-(

Anyway the best place would be the Premier Travel Inn at Furzton, it is like 1 roundabout away, it is right on a lovely lake and dead easy to find (it is literally 100 yards from the Milton Keynes Bowl Venue) I always stay there when I do IT courses in Milton Keynes and a good value clean hotel with a nice bar/restaurant built in.

Details at --> Milton Keynes Central South West (Furzton Lake) | Hotel information - Premier Travel Inn

Hope that helps!

Mike

4. htpink

htpink CDC

i love Milton Keynes - only been there once to pick up DH from the station but was really cool with all the straight roads and roundabouts!!

5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    My home town (well Leighton Buzzard is but I was always in MK!)

It has a lot of bad press but a lovely place to go shopping now and generally a nice town to live in (if you can afford it!!)

M.

6. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    Ooh thanks Mike! Furzton Lake looks lovely! :D

I love MK too - especially the shopping centre! ;):D I stayed at my sister's last May (it was our Mum's 70th suprise and we took her to afternoon tea in a gorgeous country estate - can't remember the name of it now!:rolleyes:)

I know what you mean about the housing being expensive there, I got a shock when she told me how much they'd paid for their house! :eek:

7. Steffi

Steffi Member

MK

I also lived in MK.....Caldecotte and loved it.....Then we bought a house in Leighton Buzzard which we still have there, but I moved back to Wales a couple of years ago.

I don't miss Leighton at all....but do miss MK for the shopping...

Steffi X

8. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    I was like a kid in a sweet shop when I went there for the first time last year! My sister's just the same as me, LOVES shopping, looking at clothes, bags, shoes - everything!!

We used to have regular dates where she's come up to Liverpool once every 2 months and we'd spend the whole day in Town with coffees, lunch and cakes in between shopping! Bliss!!:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.