I want to be thin by thirty!

kittyblue

I've wasted my whole 20s being fat and hating myself. I've just turned 29 and had a little boy, and enough is enough! I don't want to be the fat mum at the school gates, I don't want him to grow up and inherit my terrible relationship with food, and I really don't want him to watch me get diabetes or have a heart attack because of my extra weight.

I know that I have a serious problem with food. I binge when I'm miserable and then feel even worse about it. I have realised that I can't keep junk in the house anymore because I have no self control. Some people can keep biscuits and crisps in the cupboard, but unfortunately I am not one of them.

I am going to learn to love running, even if it hurts right now, I need to become addicted to exercise instead of carbs!

Next year, on my 30th birthday I will be a size 14 or less. I will buy my party dress from a 'normal' shop. I am going to start living my life and stop feeling miserable and trapped.

Hi kittyblue, sounds like you are very determined which is def the key to success hun, I can totally understand having turning 30 as a goal, a number of years back I had the same goal and sadly wasn't in the right mind set back then but I'm 34 now and I am determined by next year when I turn 35 I will be a hell of a lot slimmer, would also love to be a size 14 like you. I also feel I lost all my 20's due to my weight but trust me being 30 doesn't feel any different and you don't suddenly feel older its like there is no change, in fact at this time I feel in better spirits and younger in myself than I did in my 20's, its all in the mind and the positive attitude naturally makes you feel younger and obviously losing weight will improve your health no end so you can feel like a more energetic mum, for me its my nieces who keep me motivated as I don't let it get in the way of doing fun things with them but I always looked whacked so I want to be bouncing around with them full of energy, thats my goal!

I think you are very sensible not bringing binge type foods in the house, they are known as trigger foods for a reason as in some of us they trigger us to binge, I have been having help recently for my binge eating disorder and one of the main things I learnt was to recognise what my trigger foods were and then not bring them into the house, we all have different trigger foods so something I could have in my house may be something you couldn't have without having a binge and vice versa. Its important to allow yourself treats though but as a binge eater I find the best thing is to not allow myself treats involving my binge foods in my house but only when out for a meal or such as then I can control the amount I eat more easily, because even if I have a full on three course meal on my treat night I will have to stop munching at some point! whereas in my house I would just eat and eat and eat as I can do it in private and I never eat quite as much in public.

Anyway good luck and you will love this group, its so supportive, Em xx

Kitty blue I totally understand. I was always ok with being overweight but at the age of 21 I decided i'd had enough and vowed to lose weight. Well im now 28 and a half and heavier than ever!! I've never achieved this dream and it's blighted my 20s. I really want to achieve this before 30.

I'm 31 and have realised i wasted so much of my 20s by being fat.
Thats my motivation now, lose weight to enjoy life before i get too old.

hi kitty blue, just wanted to say hi and welcome. can understand where you're coming from. How are you getting on?:)

hi all i'm turning 30 next April and i'm also determined to be slim!! got a long way to go though so will be delighted if i could get into at least a size 16 for it. All the best xx

Hiya, I too am turning 30 next yr and determined to be a size 14 by then, really wish you and everyone else losing weight success. We will look amazing when we hit that 30 :)

Hi girls,

Just said I'd pop into the thread and say hi. Hope ye are all having a nice Saturday. I'm xfactor-ing and ironing. Oh the excitement! Lol

Anois x

Perfect thread for me, my Project 30 starts Saturday when i start Slimming World-again lol

I'm currently a size 26/28/30(top) and would love to get down to a 16 by next November.

We can do it!

Back