Milton Keynes

Mrs Depp

Gold Member
Can anybody help me with a little problem?

I'm going to my little sister's 40th birthday party next month. She lives in Kents Hill MK and I need to find somewhere to stay overnight.

Can anyone recommend a Travelodge, hotel or b&b nearby? Nothing too expensive please as I'm counting my pennies! :D

My gran lived in Kents Hill until she passed away last year :-(

Anyway the best place would be the Premier Travel Inn at Furzton, it is like 1 roundabout away, it is right on a lovely lake and dead easy to find (it is literally 100 yards from the Milton Keynes Bowl Venue) I always stay there when I do IT courses in Milton Keynes and a good value clean hotel with a nice bar/restaurant built in.

Details at --> Milton Keynes Central South West (Furzton Lake) | Hotel information - Premier Travel Inn

Hope that helps!

Mike

i love Milton Keynes - only been there once to pick up DH from the station but was really cool with all the straight roads and roundabouts!!

My home town (well Leighton Buzzard is but I was always in MK!)

It has a lot of bad press but a lovely place to go shopping now and generally a nice town to live in (if you can afford it!!)

M.

Ooh thanks Mike! Furzton Lake looks lovely! :D

I love MK too - especially the shopping centre! ;):D I stayed at my sister's last May (it was our Mum's 70th suprise and we took her to afternoon tea in a gorgeous country estate - can't remember the name of it now!:rolleyes:)

I know what you mean about the housing being expensive there, I got a shock when she told me how much they'd paid for their house! :eek:

MK

I also lived in MK.....Caldecotte and loved it.....Then we bought a house in Leighton Buzzard which we still have there, but I moved back to Wales a couple of years ago.

I don't miss Leighton at all....but do miss MK for the shopping...

Steffi X

I was like a kid in a sweet shop when I went there for the first time last year! My sister's just the same as me, LOVES shopping, looking at clothes, bags, shoes - everything!!

We used to have regular dates where she's come up to Liverpool once every 2 months and we'd spend the whole day in Town with coffees, lunch and cakes in between shopping! Bliss!!:D

Back