MiM questions.. sorry

strachan51

Ok, I am on induction. Am I allowed the MiM? Also where can I buy the flaxmeal to make it. If I am allowed it that is.
Also does this help with bathroom issues? If not what I can eat or take to help with that.
Sorry new to all this and thought I would ask the folks in the know about this.
Thanks in advance.

yes you can have mims on induction.. I bought some flaxseed meal from asda for a reasonable price (although I think it has american nutritional labelling as the carbs seem too high, think the fibre hasn't be subtracted - but that's the risk I will be running!)

You can also buy them whole and grind them yourself, (which might be a better, cheaper option, as they're less perishable when you have the seeds whole, once they're ground you have to keep them in the fridge, well covered and be careful they don't go off)
you can buy them from a lot of health food stores.

There is tonnes of fibre in flax, so I'm sure they would help with the toilet issues!

not 100% on soya bran, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be allowed..

Thanks Mighty. I truly appreciate your help. Will get me some tomorrow.
Will steer clear of the soya bran for now then.

Hello strachan and welcome:)

Just a thought on the flax meal... Don't have too much as it can do the opposite of what you want it to do! Lol :)

daft question. I am looking at holland and barrett website and seeing linseed in the penny sale.
Is this the same thing? Just wanting to make sure I am doing this right. I refuse to mess up now. Am on day 6.

OOH.. of to Holland and Barret I think.:)

Plain old phsillium (how the heck do you spell it LOL:eek::8855:) husks in a glass of water work when It it really bad, but I find keeping up on the water and green veggies work for me best too.

Tesco sell Linwoods milled organic flaxseed- got it in the porridge isle. Very expensive (£4.99, I think) but it is a good big bag that would probably do a MIM a day for a month! Already milled to no need to mess about grinding Linseed and the nutritional info is UK correct; 0.5g carb per 30g serving so no " Is this American or not" anxiety!! All that said, I have to admit I am not keen on the texture of the MIM! Can anyone advise if the golden flaxseed is nicer?

I got mine from Holland and Barrett last week, £4.99 already ground and it's the darker version, taste nuttier, taste very similar to rye bread but fluffier when cooked not as dense.....very nice too :0)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back