Mince & Potato - any1 have SW friendly recipe?

dry fry extra lean mince with onion (and mushrooms if liked).Season well and add spoon beef bovril.When cooked drain juices etc.(Add pint water and some gravy granules if want gravy with it and cook until thickened). Serve with boiled potataoes or place pots(sliced/ mashed on top of meat in an ovenproof dish and bake for 30 mins gas 6.(Can substitue pots for swede/carrot mash or sweet pot/bns mash).You could add tin chopped whizzed toms and extra bovril instead of gravy but its a matter if taste.

I get ours from Sainsbury, Extra lean mince three packs for £10-00

I love mince & totties and I would be very greatful if anyone have a slimming world recipe I could try? x

I don’t know if you’re a curry fan…however below is a recipe for ‘keema aloo’
(Mince and potatoes curry)

this recipe is syned according to how much potatoes you use

Ingredients for curry paste:
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1 tblspoon gram masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt

Other ingredients:
500grams kg mince
100g diced potatoes – aprox 4syns
1 Large onion diced
2 tomatoes chopped
¾ gloves garlic grated or lazzy garlic
Ginger paste –optional 1 teaspoon
2 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
Extra virgin olive oil hxb

Method:
In a non stick put 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil add onion and lightly brown,
Add tomatoes, garlic, curry paste and the mince. Mix and cook till the water in the mince is dried out..
Turn heat down add enough boiling water to cover the mince sticking to the bottom of the pan- cover and leave to simmer on low heat till meat is tender.
Add potatoes and cook till the potatoes are soft.
Sprinkle coriander leaves

Careful though - the above suggestions would only be free (minimal syns with gravy granules) on EE? If you're following Red or Green you'll have to be careful to only have the HE allowances of spuds & meat respectively or you'd have to syn the rest of each measure in the recipes.

Curried mince and pots.

Had this for lunch today and really enjoyed it.

Fry mince, onion, ginger and garlic until cooked.
Add 1 - 2 tbsp of curry poweder (any sort) and fry off for a minute or 2.
Add 3/4 pint of water and cubed potatoes (as many as you wish).
Simmer for half hour or until potatoes are cooked and majority of liquid absorbed.

You can serve this with rice but I ate it on its own as the potatoes were enough.

Enjoy!

Malibu x

Thanks everyone. I am on EE so the mince & potatoes recipe sounds fab. My taste buds are quiet sensitive to spicey things so i'll maybe try the curry, with minimal spices . xx

Back