Minced Beef Recipes

Afternoon All,

I'm looking for minced beef receipes, I have the obvious ones like Spag Bol and Chilli but looking for a bit of variety as getting bored of those now :D

Thanks, Gem

I make up the spag bol, but add extra ingrediants to it like aubergine and courgette (all free on a Red Day), I then stuff an aubergine (that I have pre-roasted in oven) and top with 1oz stilton cheese (5.5 syns).
Absolutely delicious!

I like Cottage Pie with a carrot and swede topping instead of spud!

Another good one is a minced beef casserole - loads of veg in a rich gravy!

x

I like Cottage Pie with a carrot and swede topping instead of spud!

Another good one is a minced beef casserole - loads of veg in a rich gravy!

x

Ooooooooooo i forgot about this!! Will definately have to have this tomorrow!!! Its my fav!

Found this one on my travels but never tried it. Looks nice though.

Mince & Vegetable Hotpot
Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 400gm (14oz) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 400gm extra lean mince beef
- 1 beef Oxo cube
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 85gm (3 oz) frozen peas
- 500gm carton passata
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) dried mixed herbs
- freshly ground black pepper
Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 190ºC (375ºF, Gas 5). Boil potatoes for 10mins. Drain. Meanwhile, in a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, fry mince, onion and carrot for 10mins, stirring regularly.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 5mins. Transfer to 1.75lt (3pt) oven-proof dish. Arrange potato slices on top (if liked, spray with Fry Light).
3. Bake for 50mins or until potatoes are golden.
4. Serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.

Ive just made a curried mince: FREE ON RED:
extra lean mince
tin of tomatoes
mushrooms
1 onion
4 cloves of garlic (I love the stuff, you dont have to use so many)
1 red pepper
1 courgette
splenda (to your taste)
curry powder (to your taste)
chilli powder (to your taste)
salt and pepper
Frylight the onion, garlic, mushrooms, courgette and red pepper. Add mince,when browned add curry powder, chilli, splenda and salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes. Do a taste test to see if more spices etc are needed. Then add the tin of tomatoes and simmer for 15-20mins.

Im serving with steamed cauliflour and brocolli but also im going to nick Mrs V's idea and im going to roast a red pepper and stuff it with the mince! Cheers Mrs V!

You can make the following:

MEAT AND EGG LOAF serves 4

free on red and extra easy.

350G/12oz Lean minced beef
1 level tbsp tomato puree (1/2 syn)
freshly ground pepper
pinch nutmeg
pinch dried thyme
1 large egg
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 level tsp salt
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
pinch all spice
1 level tsp finely chopped parsley
2 hard boiled eggs

Pre - heat oven to 190C, 375F, Gas 5. Mix all the ingredients exept the hard boiled eggs, together. Shape into a flat rectangle and place the hard boiled eggs (sliced in halves) down the centre. Roll the meat mixture around the eggs, using fingers. Place in a small loaf tin. Cover with foil and cook for 45 - 55 mins. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes to brown the top. Serve hot with free vegetables.

Really nice and makes a change. :eat:

Back