Mind, Body and Soul.

BrittW

Timelord
This may sound like a silly question, but i'm doing a '2009 goals and aspirations' sheet to sort out the person i want to be in 2009.

I want to split them into three categories- mind, body and soul. Now i know what to put for goals in the body section (size 10 jeans anyone?) but i'm getting mixed up between mind and soul...
cause i've got things like, not taking anything for granted, choose to be happy etc, and not sure which category they fall under...

Can someone give me a brief explanation of the two?

I know that sounds so silly lol.. xx

It's a difficult question to answer. I think there's a strong link between mind and soul, personally. What your mind does, can control how your soul feels... if that makes sense.

I guess if I'm forced to think it through, I'd say for the soul part, I'd include things like feel gratitude. Sit down and write a list of the things in your life that you are grateful for (i.e. having a roof over your head, having good friends, being able to earn a living, having personal strength, having a nice smile, etc) Make a list and concentrate on each thing and really FEEL how grateful you are for these blessings. Let your heart fill with joy and happiness for these things and don't be afraid to smile when you are doing this. :) Get in the habit of noticing the things in your life that you are fortunate to have and feeling the happiness in your heart for them - even if it's just an iron and ironing board! That is a good exercise for the soul.

As for the mind... Hmmm... Perhaps try and help yourself to see the positive side of situations that present themselves. Even things that seem disruptive, perhaps notice the change that they will bring to your life and the new opportunities within. Maybe find a way to achieve a greater level of self acceptance. Do a good deed each day, etc. Just generally find a way to keep yourself on a positive track, doing things that make you feel good and happy.

Well, that's how I'd interpret it anyway! Not sure if it's helpful or not! :eek:

Back